PDA

View Full Version : Remote Thermostat

Lemuzz
25-05-2011, 04:56 AM
Hi Guys. I have a Daiken Inverter split cycle Air conditioner. In its position in my kitchen the on board thermostat is frequently switching on and off. I suspect this is largely due the air temp trapped near the thermostat. I want to install a remote programmable thermostat and do away with the on board thermostat. How do I go about this?:cool:

Brian_UK
25-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Which model unit is it and do you have a wired or a wireless, hand held, remote controller?

Lemuzz
28-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi Brian I have a Daiken FVXT50GV1NB inverter with a wireless hand held remote. The attached photo shows where the indoor unit is situated with a breakfast bar close to the onboard thermostat. After installation we were aware of fairly rapid on and off switching and the installer fitted a new circuit board along with thermostat and said if that didn't solve the problem I should look at fitting a remote thermostat.

Lemuzz
28-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I forgot to say it is a wireless remote as shown in the photo

back2space
31-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Have you made sure that side to side airflow is not coming into contact with the breakfast bar so as not to push air back down into the unit too soon. Have airflow pointing up at ceiling level and the side to side airflow vanes pointing straight ahead.

What fan speeds are you using & is the room temperature suitable even though it is cycling off sooner?

If so then try running the fan at a lower speed along with the above comments I mentioned and see if that increases the cycle on time.

Lemuzz
03-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Have you made sure that side to side airflow is not coming into contact with the breakfast bar so as not to push air back down into the unit too soon. Have airflow pointing up at ceiling level and the side to side airflow vanes pointing straight ahead.

What fan speeds are you using & is the room temperature suitable even though it is cycling off sooner?

If so then try running the fan at a lower speed along with the above comments I mentioned and see if that increases the cycle on time.
1. side to side airflow is pointing away from the breakfast bar and the vertical swing is on auto.
2. The fan speeds are on auto and the room temp is and has always been good even before the t.stat was replaced under guarantee. I am watching it now (mid winter) The remote is set on 18deg the room very warm (outside temp 10deg) cycling 5 minutes on and 6 minutes off.