PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining Supermarket Refrigeration System

Cofreth
29-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi,
Anyone can provide some information on what to inspect during routine maintenance of Supermarket refrigeration equipment.

Tks,

coolhandluke
29-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi Cofreth,

Drains especially the amount of calls I've had to attend due to blockages caused by shelf labels errant peas etc etc.:mad: you can save a lot of work making sure they are clean and heater tapes are working all O.K.;)

Luke

jamcool
29-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Cofreth,
some other stuff in routine checks,state of condenser and evaporator{how clean are they} check any fans also your pressure switches check operation of them depending on size of system check oil sight glass levels the list goes on and on almost all the checks you would do in another type of kit and more
Jamcool

Snowman123
29-09-2005, 10:04 PM
:) Clean the drains, clean condensers and change the oil on recip comps. Drier cores and check all safety switches work ie hp and lp etc. Electrical connections and contactor tips, if you cant take the top off then do a voltage drop across the three phase going in and out when compressor is running.;)

chillin out
29-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Rule no. 1 on supermarkets, if it is not broken leave it alone
Rule no. 2 , dont fiddle(adjust) anything
Rule no. 3 , clean all drains and pumps then get a cuppa and leave the plants alone

also make sure all wireing is safe (but dont alter anything)

apart from that a good visual check is all thats needed

unless you want to change the oil, filters and driers.

Cofreth
30-09-2005, 03:12 PM
What is the usual recommended interval between each service for the inspection?
Isn't it usual to carried out the service during business time or after business time?
I have been maintaining this kind of refrigeration equipment for 3 years, its a nightmare.
Have always been facing drainage choke and flooded the drain pan, ending with some evaporator motor floating on the flooded pan and tripped the system.
Was wondering introducing algae control tablets into the pan do help.
Another issue is evaporator coil blocked with frost and causing high storage temperature, check the defrost timer and heater are working well. After washing away the frost with water, the temperature are back to normal.

Cofreth
30-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Anyone knows how to calculate to determine the evaporator coil capacity by measuring the area of the evaporator coil size for a multi-deck showcase?
Recently I have this problem with a Bitzer compressor running with R-22 coupled to 2 units of an 8 feet long Bonnet & Nieve multi-deck low temp freezer. With both freezer operating I can only achieve a suction pressure of 20psi, but the storage temperature only minus 12 degree C measured at return air grille,but the system required about minus 20 degree C for storage area. If I were to shut down one of the freezer,I can notice the temperature of the running freezer drop to minus 15, again this system have been running for years and I couldn't conclude to the owner that the compressor is under capacity. Can it be due to a leaky compressor valve plate that causes it and is it the only way to test the condition of the valve plate by pumpdown the system until it pulls to a vacuum of 10Hg and below?
Please advice..

Peter_1
30-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Turn spindle in of the low side service valve of the compresser, pump it down and shut down the compresser.
Make sure the spindle is turned in completely.
If valve plates are OK, monitor LP and the suction pressure may not rise due to a leaking valve.

chillin out
01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi Cofreth,

Try not to let comp run in a vacuum even for a short time, do as peter said but also shut down the oil return, also watch out for off loading valves on the comp.

Check the suction filters if fitted.
Make sure head pressure is not too high.
Check tev`s or eev`s to make sure they are set up right, its all too often engineers adust them incorrectly.

:) :)

frank
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi Chillin'
Your new signature reminds me of www.stickdeath.com :D

chillin out
02-10-2005, 04:33 PM
LOL Frank,

Here is one for botrous,
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9720/hunter27mp.gif

botrous
02-10-2005, 10:37 PM
LOL Frank,

Here is one for botrous,
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9720/hunter27mp.gif

Is that in anyway related to my hunting hobby ??? :eek: :D :confused:

chillin out
02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Maybe :rolleyes:

It might make you think next time you hunt.

Is this fox/rabbit/deer/ or bear going to lead me into a trap?

:) :) :)

botrous
03-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Is this fox/rabbit/deer/ or bear going to lead me into a trap?

Maybe, a woman , a lady , a chick ?

Cofreth
12-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Anyone had a check list on this?

Tq

botrous
12-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes i have a chek list for you

First step :
Keep your eyes for any possible target
2nd step :
Once you spot one just focus on it
3rd step:
check your gun while keeping your eye on the target
4rth step:
check that there is noone but the target in you fire field
5th step:
fire the target
6th step:
enjoy.

this applies for targets as : fox , bird , dear . . . woman , chick , lady but the gun differs from the first category to the second.

regards

frank
12-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Maybe, a woman , a lady , a chick ?

Hi Botrous

Forget about this if you go for your new job in the UAE. When we were their last year a man and his girlfriend got arrested for kissing goodbye at the airport (he lived there and she was travelling home)(both got find large amounts of local currency)
And another man was arrested for making comments to a female during a social gathering (coffe only) - she objected to him trying to chat her up and reported it :eek:

All this is taken from the local papers while we were there - Lebanese Nights ? - not in the UAE :)

botrous
12-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Hi Botrous

Forget about this if you go for your new job in the UAE. When we were their last year a man and his girlfriend got arrested for kissing goodbye at the airport (he lived there and she was travelling home)(both got find large amounts of local currency)
And another man was arrested for making comments to a female during a social gathering (coffe only) - she objected to him trying to chat her up and reported it

All this is taken from the local papers while we were there - Lebanese Nights ? - not in the UAE

Maybe that what made me stay in Lebanon :)
I know that there kissing and such things aren't allowed . . . here (in Lebanon) well it's all mmm i donno the exact world so i will say legal . . . noone will arrest me or her .
And Lebanese nights , sure you will not find that in UAE neither in other middle eastern or arab country . . .it's just the Lebanese style life (not all lebanon to be fair).
Hope that you experience the Lebanese Nights soon :)

Regards