PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AOT 24RZAL

Temprite
29-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Hello all.

Just replaced a compressor on above model (outdoor unit).

About a year ago the same compressor had burnt wiring to the compressor common.

After replacing compressor all seemed ok except on heating there was quite a large range in high side pressure between the outdoor fan switching on and off.

I am aware that on heating the indoor coil sensor determines what speed the outdoor fan runs at or whether it runs at all but I am not sure of the exact values.

Unit is r22 model
high side pressures;
(on heating)
fan stops running at 60C SCT (340 PSI)
fan starts running at 43C SCT (227 PSI)
Fan was on high speed all the time it was on.Never went to low speed.

I am thinkin the indoor coil sensor might be reading incorrectly. But I need to know what parameters the outdoor fan should operate at.

Thanks in advance.

ozairman
27-10-2005, 04:59 AM
The condenser fan will be switched off when the indoor coil sensor reaches somewhere around the mid 50°C point, it will switch back on when the coil drops to the high 40's. If the indoor coil gets over the low 60°C mark it will probably shut down for three minutes then restart.

Cheers

Temprite
27-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replies chaps.

I obtained an indoor coil thermistor chart and checked the thermistor which was within parameters.

ozairman.
What you say is correct. Fujitsu tech support gave me the same values. I put a wire bead thermocouple next to the indoor coil sensor and watched while the outdoor fan cut in and out, everything was fine.

Unit was drawing about 12 amps running on heating. All seems ok but still concerned that problem might re occur.

Never fear though customer hates the fujitsu he told me that if it cracks up again he will replace it with a

wait for it...................

Daikin:D .

crit71
28-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Sensible man;)

ozairman
31-10-2005, 01:31 AM
How long is the pipe run?
Is it really short ie below 5m?
Was it running on heating or cooling when it burnt out?

Temprite
31-10-2005, 11:18 AM
How long is the pipe run?
Is it really short ie below 5m?
Was it running on heating or cooling when it burnt out?

G'day ozairman
Probably about a 4 metre pipe run.

I'm from Victoria so it would have been running on heating predominetely