PDA

View Full Version : UK Census Comment

Brian_UK
14-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Read this is the D. Mail today, made me smile.....

They sent my census form back.

In answer to the question: "Do you have any dependants?" I put: "Asylum seekers, illegal immigrants, smackheads, the unemployed, The Jeremy Kyle Show cast, Northern Rock, RBS, Ireland, Portugal and half of Eastern Europe."

Apparently this wasn't an acceptable answer.

Magoo
14-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Very true though.

djbe
14-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Very, very true.

Don't get me started on the census though. Thought few minutes get this filled in and gone.

Half an hour later reminds me of exams at school where I wasn't interested in the subject. Writing gets more and more untidy, answers get more obtuse.

As if we " the general public who are all in this together" (with the multi millionaire politicians) haven't got anything else better to do. For christ's sake my Bentley needs a good polish and this is distracting my attention.

:o

djbe.

cadwaladr
14-05-2011, 10:53 PM
is this going to be the last census,i wanted to fill it in comedy style but just could not.

Brian_UK
14-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Slightly off-topic, as they say, but with the recent AV referendum we were supposed to all get a leaflet explaining what it was about.

As we hadn't one, my wife tried telephoning the number shown on the TV for those who were without. She went through thusual address getting part of the call and then they wanted to know her ethic minority etc, wrong thing to do.

As she said, 'what the hell has that got to do with getting a leaflet.'; so we didn't get to read one.....;)

Tesla
15-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Great topic for discussion Brian
I personally disagree with a census totally - If your check history a few tyrants have used them to slaughter people to maintain the status quo or their rule like Constantine and Hitler. I have only filled in one in my life time and that was enough. Conveniently/coincidentally I am on a holiday in another country at the time of census. This year I will be in Kathmandu and Guangzhou.
:cool:

glenn1340
15-05-2011, 11:22 AM
..it made me smile too.
I didn only filled in some of it. I don`t mind the government asking how many live at my address, ages of them and how many vehicles we have as this information helps in providing future sevrices and transport improvements (yeah right) but why the f%$k do they need to know if I`m in a same sex civil partnership, divorced, married etc.

install monkey
15-05-2011, 01:02 PM
did anyone put jedi as religion??

djbe
15-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Has anyone not bothered to fill it in? Just wondering if they have had the little man in grey suit knocking on the door.

cadwaladr
15-05-2011, 06:44 PM
yes you could do it on line,so i guess its wide open to all avenues if you know what i mean what was it that george orwell said?

Magoo
16-05-2011, 03:48 AM
I have a few good ideas from this post next time we have a sensus. Like the Jedi option, and the number of dependents, the one that gets me is after the name the se x option only has M or F, what about NHN never happens now, or OSTD out sourced tax deductable.

Karl Hofmann
16-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Has anyone not bothered to fill it in? Just wondering if they have had the little man in grey suit knocking on the door.

Yeah I had a couple of folk knocking on my door, leaflets promising that horrid things would happen to me if I didn't fill it in and post it so I bravely filled it in and posted it... One woman who came to my door was quite scary looking

cadwaladr
16-05-2011, 08:32 PM
that would have been my ex mother in law,she is retired but will still scare a police horse !!!

taz24
16-05-2011, 08:49 PM

My daughter was a census collector / chaser uper'er.

She is 17 still at school and never had an official job before.

Over the 5 weeks or so, doing 15 hours a week she has earnt
enough money to offset her student loan for the year, when she
goes to University in Sept.

So she can't complain.

Oh and before you ask I did fill out a census.....

All the best

taz

djbe
19-05-2011, 11:45 PM

My daughter was a census collector / chaser uper'er.

She is 17 still at school and never had an official job before.

Over the 5 weeks or so, doing 15 hours a week she has earnt
enough money to offset her student loan for the year, when she
goes to University in Sept.

So she can't complain.

Oh and before you ask I did fill out a census.....

All the best

taz

Was that before or after your daughter persuaded you to?

taz24
23-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Was that before or after your daughter persuaded you to?

It made her figures look better :D :D

All the best

taz

devlin maguire
23-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Me personally, I blame Herod he started it !!
DM