PDA

View Full Version : free fuel.

Temprite
29-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Hello all.

I was only complaining recently of how the cost of fuel was becoming a real pain.

No fear here is the answer!!!:rolleyes:

www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/flrecipe.php

Now I am sure the commercial people here would know plenty of resteraunts that would part with there old oil.

botrous
07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I read about this biofuel that's made from used vegetable oil . . . i was wondering , will the dig oil tradional cartel let this kind of fuel spread ?

Abe
07-10-2005, 08:02 PM
If u want to kill your engine, pour that sticky goo in it....

botrous
07-10-2005, 08:38 PM

Abe I think that after manufacturing and treating it , it will not remain that sticky . . . anyway i didn't treid it , as a matter of fact all i know about it was from the internet and beleive me it was a breif what i've read

Temprite
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM

G'day Aiyub.

I was wondering what prolonged use might do to your engine.

All the sites claim that biodiesel is better for your engine than traditional diesel.But of course they would say that.

Apparently the longest running diesel engine was ran on biodiesel.

I think the biggest problem is obtaining methanol for the conversion.Price of methanol and safe handling is the issue.

Now if you use straight vegatable oil in your engine that will definetely stuff it.

Abe
08-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Temprite

Its all about adding methanol and the other constituents to vegetable oil.

Its not for your average Joe

Most people think that you buy a 20 litre can from supermarket and pour stuff in.

After a tv program here, thats what a lot did....

You cant pour virgin oil in........thats the point

botrous
08-10-2005, 03:19 PM
After a tv program here, thats what a lot did....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Abe
08-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes true Boutros............I still remember, It was on Central News...........showed this guy talking about how he uses vegetable oil...

But they omitted to say............Do not try this at home
or, that the oil had to go through a process before it could be used

botrous
08-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Well thanks God that they didn't note that the regular fuel is from fossils , maybe we can see than someone puting fossils in their engines . . . .

Do not try this at home is the key for the safety i think

star882
17-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Has anyone thought about modifying a small diesel engine to run on filtered vegetable oil and using that engine to run an open drive compressor for an A/C?
Or even better, add a generator and a clutch so it can serve double purpose as an A/C and a generator. (I can picture someone driving a vegetable oil-powered truck around for a living, selling power to the grid for a profit.)
On a related note, I've heard that home heating oil is the same as diesel fuel. Is that true?

Karl Hofmann
17-01-2006, 10:45 AM
The American VW TDI bunch are quite big on making Biodiesel from any form of grease that they can get their hands on and it seems to work quite well on earlier generation Turbodiesels, their DERV is about as refined as rancid yaks fat and so there is little difference between road diesel and their own home brew but European Low sulphur diesel is a much more refined fuel all together. Not too sure that I would want to run US Bio diesel in a modern common rail or PD engine. VW are even cautious about European grade Bio which must conform to BSEN

Richard Hillsid
22-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I use "biodiesel" SVO on my boat, its cheaper, ican get filtered rape seed ouil at half the price of legal boat diesel and it has no colouring, heat exchanger, and start-up on plain, use 4 tons a year on boat so it makes a difference to the ecology and my wallet.