PDA

View Full Version : What could be wrong old Fujitsu AST30RGBW 8KW split system

alan_man
13-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi, I was asked by a friend to look at his split system which he had described as "suddenly stopped working". I tried using the remote to get the system running but it seemed the indoor was not picking up any signals. The remote itself was cycling through items on the LCD screen, just the indoor would not pick up a signal and beep to confirm the remote orders. So I pushed the forced operation button on the indoor unit itself and sat back to see how the system would react. Initially the louvers open and the indoor fan turns on to very low but nothing would happen for quite some time. After a while the compressor kicked into life and the unit ran on heating for approximately 5 mins with the indoor fan speed increase. It heated up very quick and seemed to of ran fine. Then all of a sudden the compressor would shut off, the fan speed would return to low and it would stay like this for another 5 mins. Then once again, the compressor would fire up, all work like normal for 5 mins and the shut down again, just an endless cycle. Firstly I was under the assumption forced operation would make the system operate at full capacity in cooling regardless of ambient conditions and controller commands? Secondly any idea what may be the problem here? Thanks in advance

kvas
13-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Did you see pressures? I think that there is much more ***** than is needed and is run out from high pressure.
I dont have experience at split units but an other assumption is a dirty condenser or evaporator. Now as about signals sometimes our mind stuck and we never take a look if there are batteries or if there is enough voltage at the remote.
If nothing of that i think that there is an electronic problem to your board.What else.
When you push the operation button on the indoor unit , it reads the room temp and operate (heat or cool) as it decide.

Brian_UK
13-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Also, to check the remote controller - do you have a digital camera to hand?

View the transmitter end of the remote through the camera and press a button or two; you should see the LED flashing if it is working.

alan_man
14-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the help, apparently the remote control was the issue. What my friend failed to mention (it obviously didn't clicked at the time I was there) and recently remembered was he dropped the remote a couple of days before but since he was not using the air con at that time he just picked it up and put it back on the table. I told him to try buying one of them universal remotes which surprisingly did the trick so all is well. BTW Brian, brilliant bit of info there re the remote test, never knew that little way to test. I was checking all the remotes at our place lol thanks for the tip