PDA

View Full Version : loss of oil at compressor (running)

oupak
13-05-2011, 10:41 AM
what causes this fault of ''loss of oil at compresser (running)on a trane rotary screw chiller
water cooled chiller? the oil filter on the oil return line has just been changed...and there is no sign of an oil leak....

Fri3Oil System
13-05-2011, 10:47 AM
what is the refrigerant and the oil you have there?

Regards,

Nando.

NoNickName
13-05-2011, 11:15 AM
It refers to oil carry over with refrigerant, and may be caused by low oil temperature or liquid slugging or ineffective oil strainer or any combination of the aforementioned.

goshen
13-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi
check that your head pressure is sufficent,oil movment in trane rotary comps is not achieved by a pump, but by diffrence in pressure .
also make sure the electronic oil detector"eye"is held in place correctly.
,and last but not least check the main oil solonoied, it tends to stick in the closed position ,a good hit from a plastic hammer usualy releases it ,but if that is the scenario i would highly recommend replacing it.
good luck

Sandro Baptista
13-05-2011, 04:55 PM
It refers to oil carry over with refrigerant, and may be caused by low oil temperature or liquid slugging or ineffective oil strainer or any combination of the aforementioned.

Low temperature?? High oil/compressed gas temperatures on the discharge promote more carry over since the oil separation is less effective.

Magoo
14-05-2011, 03:19 AM
NNN , has got it in one statement. Further system analysis is required.

oupak
14-05-2011, 09:48 AM
i give thank for the replie...
9its using r134a as a refrigerant and ester oil..

goshen
14-05-2011, 06:42 PM
so let us know how things work out after further checkup !

good luck

CV_Geardrive
16-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi,
Please let me add that an abnormal high head pressure can cause this especially if the oil sensor indicates “WET” after few seconds from unit stop.
Suppose that the unit is starting with warm oil and master oil solenoid valve and oil sensor are well operating.
Regards,
CV