PDA

View Full Version : Emerson controller password ???

weirdscenes
10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi
I started a thread some weeks ago on "liebert- hiross manual sought".

Thanks to various members I have almost got this Hiflex unit running but cannot change/set any parameters via the menus.
After a lot of to-and-fro we managed to get 2 passwords last week from liebert website (1509 and I forget the other) these do give us access to the menu (level one and two) but I still can't do any setup - not even set temp and hum settings !!!
any help will be greatly appreciated as always.

Regards

Tony

manhnghia
12-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi Tony,
Could you try password 1490, 5010, 2210?

weirdscenes
17-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi Manhnghia

Thanks for the info - these passwords get me into the menu (i.e. the password has a zero after it, when I enter one of the passwords the zero changes to a 1 or 2 etc ) I assume this means I have access at level 1 or 2 - or whatever level the zero changes to.
But that's all, I am unable to enter any setpoints etc.
I have very recently managed to contact a knowledgeable emerson/liebert engineer and spoke to him from the site today.
He advised me to connect the additional small LCD display via an 8 core cable similar to a network cable as a first step (to the slave socket on the medium motherboard) Howevr progress stopped when this smaller display failed to power up. So he's gone back to the drawsing board.
During a phone call lat friday he said he felt my comments about possibly conflicting firmware might be relevant.
I am very frustrated at the length of time it's taking to get this unit running and disgusted theat emerson did not supply the controls correctly configured and with instructions to install and commision the new controller and it's components.
Any addidtional help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Tony

Mick13
20-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Try 9806....
or maybe 9826....

Im not 100% sure, but i think thats one iv used in the past. Dont make a special trip to site on account of that :)
I have a site i look after with an emerson unit.... i have the code written on a piece of paper hidden in the room, if i go back there anytime soon il let you know

weirdscenes
21-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all above.
No luck suspect mismatch of firmware etc.
We have finally managed to get contact with an emerson engineer and someone is coming to site on Monday
23/05
I will update after we have the unit running
Tony

manhnghia
25-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Tony,
Pls update infromation. Could you send me the model of PAC?

weirdscenes
15-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi folks
Success !
Got a very helpful John Wood (Emerson Engineer) to site and within a few hours had it running
Main problem was an incorrect version of the firmware - for some reason it was supplied with a non-compatible American version.
With the correct firmware installed (has to be done by emerson eng. because you must (?) use a software tool which they don't release) had access to the menus and could alter setpoints etc. (pass 5010 02 2210)
The smaller mono display (now fitted inside the cabinet) also began working after plugging it into the correct port on the motherboard (medium board)
Once operational we found I had incorrect wiring to fan contactor (result of incomplete wiring diagram) which I corrected and then we wired in the original 3-wire airflow sensor with interpretation of wiring by John.
With that, we had power and control to fan, compressor and hum and could start the compressor.
I had put a holding charge of 2kg in and so it only ran for a couple of minutes before puping down.
While trying to get the compressor running it became apparent that I would have to change the compressor contactor to one which had a N/C (normally closed) auxiliary contact because there is something in the HP protection circuit that requires this (don't quite remeber but think it's so it will trip Immediately on HP fault)
So towards end of day it was functional but undercharged.

I returned a few days later with the new contactor and fitted that and topped up the refrigerant (total of 4.6 kg's (charged to a full sight glass.)
Left running overnight after establising HP/ LP cutouts etc were OK.
Next day found that it had been controlling fine on temp but hum settings bore little relation to actual.
Customer is looking for 45 to 50% with emphasis on dehum - not too concerned about low humidity.
Further investigation revealed that the preheat (?) coil (behind evap) was hot gas but I had wired the 2 way valve thinking it was hot water (there is a lort of heating for other rooms on this floor of the building)
Corrected wiring and began to get some control of humidity.
Currently set at 21.5 degrees and 40% hum
There is a fancy monitoring system for the building which is manned all day so they keep a close eye on conditions and call us every time it goes out of spec.
Temp is OK but hum seems to occasionally stray over the upper limit still - it's worse when there is no-one in the room.
Its a small room about 2.4 m wide x 5m long and 2.5 high.
As far as I know the dehum is working with reheat off the hot gas coil but John Wood (emerson ) has advised I should look at using electric reheat. There are elements fitted just below the fan but as yet I have not been able to get back there to follow thru on this. (am off sick at the moment)

Hope this info is of use to someone out there and if you have a related problem feel free to contact me