PDA

View Full Version : SB 310 out of range on cont run fresh

indycar89
10-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I posted this on an older thread, but as it's a different subject, seems a new thread is in order. In short when running in a fresh mode (non-frozen), once a pulldown temp is reached and the unit kicks into low speed, the only way it wants to go back to high speed is if I change the set point or I change it to cycle century. :eek:

I'm still having the out of range issue I've had all along . Today I was doing routine maintenance - draining the tank, blowing out lines, etc. When I start it back up, I let to run to be sure we're good to go. I had it set for 50 and after it ran a while, it was at 54, so I changed the setpoint to 55 and it drops into low speed modulation (it's set for continuous run)

I check back about 15 mins later and the box temp is now 62.5 (set point is 55) and the unit STILL doesn't kick back into high speed! 7.5 degrees F seems a tad too much me thinks! What gives?!? The only way I seem to be able to get it to maintain close to the desired set point it to set the thing 2-4 F lower. Even on non produce loads this happens - ie chilled juice, etc.

My Optiset for range 1 is:

Modulation Control = on
Econ mode = off
Controlling sensor = return
Modulation cool down option = max
Floor Limit = 2.5
Freeze Protection - OFF
High Speed Modulation = on
High Speed Modulation Ceiling = 3.0

I thought perhaps it was 'freeze protection' stopping it from kicking back into high speed, so I switched it off - but it's made no difference)

Perhaps it's just the old software? ( I have Controller Software Rev: B004; Display Software Revision: 6507) This just seems like a stretch.

thanks,

dave

DaButcher
11-05-2011, 02:39 AM
try raising the floor limit

DaButcher
11-05-2011, 02:41 AM
If top freeze is not a issue turn off modulation

indycar89
11-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll shut off the modulation (and remember to turn it on if I have a sensitive load - or just make a new optiset for it?)

By raising the floor limit, you mean lowering, correct? From 2.5 to 1.5 for example (not 3.5)? I believe the range is 1 to 6 degrees F

Towards that end, I know how to set up a optiset program and parameters. Right now, I just have two - 0 and 1. 0 being for frozen and 1 for fresh. If I make another Optiset program for fresh (say with modulation) how does one select which program is running? Right now my unit defaults into either frozen or fresh depending on what the temp set point is - I assume?! So if i add additional optisets, does it prompt for for which optiset program to run when I input a setpoint?

Thanks again!

indycar89
11-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Greetings Sports Fans. Just a quick play by play update for those of you following along.

I turned off the Modulation setting and ran a test. With Modulation OFF, unit in continuous mode, box temp had to get 8.7Degress F out of range before reverting to high speed.

Then, switching it back to modulation on mode, the box got 11.7 degrees F out of range before reverting to high speed.

For both tests, the set point was 55 F and the unit brought down the box temp in high speed, then switched to low speed. Any thoughts or ideas?

An improvement to be sure, but that seems like a very loose parameter.

DaButcher
12-05-2011, 03:38 AM
By raising the floor limit, you mean lowering, correct? From 2.5 to 1.5 for example (not 3.5)? I believe the range is 1 to 6 degrees F

Thanks again!

No, increase the number to highest available, then adjust from there. I know it does not seem the thing to do, but give it a try and post the results.

DaButcher
12-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Greetings Sports Fans. Just a quick play by play update for those of you following along.

I turned off the Modulation setting and ran a test. With Modulation OFF, unit in continuous mode, box temp had to get 8.7Degress F out of range before reverting to high speed.

Then, switching it back to modulation on mode, the box got 11.7 degrees F out of range before reverting to high speed.

For both tests, the set point was 55 F and the unit brought down the box temp in high speed, then switched to low speed. Any thoughts or ideas?

An improvement to be sure, but that seems like a very loose parameter.

With modulation off and a full trailer it won't need to go to high speed much if at all after the product gets to setpoint and should stay much closer to actual setpoint because cooling ability is not restricted.

indycar89
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
No, increase the number to highest available, then adjust from there. I know it does not seem the thing to do, but give it a try and post the results.

This feature is not an option with modulation turned off.

Perhaps I've found an error (one of many, I'm sure) of my ways. For the test, once the (empty) box reached set point, I opened one door to speed the warming process. It occurs to me that by doing so, the box temp might show warmer, but that the return air temp could be another thing. So perhaps at this point it's best to use it next week with modulation off and see how it preforms 'in the field'.

DaButcher
14-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Try it for a few loads with modulation off, then turn it back on and set the floor limit to the highest number and decide which you prefer.

gravy258
16-05-2011, 08:34 AM
something isn't right here.
I suggest you post this same question on reefertek tek talk, TK jimmy on there will put you straight.
You'll need to post a download.
A software upgrade to 6512 and B007 or higher would be a start.
what kind of product do you carry?

DaButcher
17-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I suggest you post this same question on reefertek tek talk, TK jimmy on there will put you straight.

DaButcher will now let someone else help this owner operator. :rolleyes:

indycar89
17-05-2011, 04:05 AM
You'll need to post a download.
A software upgrade to 6512 and B007 or higher would be a start.
what kind of product do you carry?

I haul produce mostly. This issue has transcended whatever fresh product I've loaded - ie chilled juice. etc. When I load the same product with friends, mine is the one tooling around when in continuous mode. I'll have a look at reefer tek - but I'm not sure I have the ability to post a download if you mean tethering to the TK unit.

thanks,

dave

indycar89
17-05-2011, 04:07 AM
DaButcher will now let someone else help this owner operator. :rolleyes:

Hey My Lone Star Friend, I appreciate very much all of your help and advice! :)

gravy258
17-05-2011, 08:53 AM
yeh you'll have to wait for access after signing up to be able to view/post too, but it'll be worth it.
Sorry i can't help but Fahrenheit defeats me.

Dabutcher will see you there, he's a regular

indycar89
25-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Try it for a few loads with modulation off, then turn it back on and set the floor limit to the highest number and decide which you prefer.

Just checking back in to provide an update on my temp issues. In the tests I had run before, the box was empty. Having run several loads now with modulation off, I've not had issues! Seems to be working fine, and now it will kick back into high speed as needed. So I guess my ASSUMPTION is that the software I have has pretty loose parameters. Not sure if it will benefit me enough to pay to have it upgraded; then there is the question of losing the ability to program optisets if I upgrade to anything near current software releases. Losing that option may not be that big of a deal - I'm not sure yet. I really only have 2 optisets now (fresh and frozen) and I assume I could still have those as general setting, along with some more specific settings. I'm not sure though, if I lose the option to take it out of optiset altogether and run it if I needed to.