PDA

View Full Version : Text Books

brad11160
10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey everyone,

Ive just joined the site and i think its will be quite helpful for when i need advice, along with many other junior Techs.
Speaking of which, can any one recommend a good set of Refrigeration/HVAC Text Books for Australians?

Cheers.

Peter_1
11-05-2011, 12:20 PM
These are for me the best.

Roy Dossat, Principles of Refrigeration,
Refr. & Ac Technology from Whitma, Johnson and Tomczyk,
Modern Refrigeration of Althouse Turnquist and Bracciano,
Industrial Refrigeration of Stoeckert
Heat, energy and Refrigeration of Geoff Alder.
And all the ASHRAE manuals.

Greener
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I would also recommend "Principles of Refrigeration" by Roy Dossat, and the ASHRAE manuals.

Principles of Refrigeration can be difficult to obtain, as I believe it is no longer published. However, there are usually some copies on ebay, and Amazon marketplace.

Tesla
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Brad and a warm welcome to our forum.
There was a good discussion on Principles of Refrigeration by Roy Dossat about a few months ago if you would like to search or http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?29426-Principles-of-Refrigeration-Roy-J-Dossat&p=216044&highlight=#post216044 should take you there. The above book is considered "The Bible" for many older fridgies and I will post a little more when I have a chance to check the titles of other fridge, electrical and control books I have but there not doubt will be newer and better ones available.
Tesla

NoNickName
12-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Looking for text books should be posted into "BOOKS" area of forum, in which plenty of suggestions are already posted, including one indian university 800-pages free textbook.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?24-Refrigeration-Books&s=&pp=50&daysprune=365&sort=lastpost&order=desc

spider
12-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Guys
Does anyone know if its possible to get the books by Gary lloyds, ACR Troubleshooters kit, hard copy in the uk, ive tried emailling the website that advertises them and the email wont send any help would be appreicated.

Many thanks