PDA

View Full Version : Earth Grounding.

nanuuk
09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Good Morning I have a question for you I have inspected my transformer banks 1 which is a 750 KAV and the other is a 500 KVA service and someone was nice enough cut/steal all the earth grounds form the transformer banks and fencing for the pen enclosures. I would like to know what problems/dangers come from this so I can get my manager to get his you know what in gear to get some money to fix this issue! Thanx for any help.

Signed
Very Concerned.

nike123
09-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Transformers are grounded if they are remote from consumers (to avoid neutral wire laying) or, if they are 3-phase, to pin neutral to ground in non-simetrical load conditions.

If you have 1 phase transformer and using only his full voltage, than there is no danger, infact, you are more protected without grounding.
In all other cases, you need grounding.

NoNickName
09-05-2011, 07:13 PM
In Europe under the low voltage directive sanctioned by European Norm EN60439, the auxiliary transformer secondary winding for command and control devices need to be grounded.

nike123
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
:off topic:European directives are for those who like to follow them. I call them "hollowheads".
But, I am mostly anarchist by orientation if we consider today stupid laws and regulations which make total dumb-ass of us:off topic:
NNN, no disrespect to you, just another opinion.

http://www.leonardo-energy.org/webfm_send/5361

I admit, I forgot to mention that, in this case, all earthed equipment should be disconnected from earth, and everything will be perfectly safe (except European directive).
;)