PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AUY30FNBWL

aircon50
09-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi all.
We have an intermittent problem with a Fujitsu AUY30FNBWL/AOY30FUAR (R410a) cassette unit.
Mental picture - because of rules, the exterior unit is inside the office, in a reasonably well ventilated enclosure.
Customer complaint - 'not cooling and water leaking from enclosure'. On arrival the unit was switched off at wired controller, interior unit off, but exterior unit running.
Needless to say the interior unit was a solid block of ice, as was the exterior unit valves and pipework inside.
Has anybody come across this before, and if so what was the solution?
Many thanks
Graham

install monkey
09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
contactor welded on the condenser! has the condenser got a drip tray under it

Brian_UK
09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Or is it the relay in the indoor unit that may be welded ON?

aircon50
09-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks Brian and install monkey. Don't think it's exterior unit relay -it's been running fine since last visit last week! If the fault was constant, then for sure, I would have straight for a relay. All I did was cut the circuit breaker, restarted it, after clearing the office floor of several litres of water, and it's been ok since. I've been trawling the internet for wiring diagram, but no luck so far. Will keep trying............

ozairman
10-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Hi aircon50

AUY30FUAR / AOY30FNBWL is a pretty basic machine and you don't really need much more than the wiring diagrams printed in the indoor and outdoor units.

As Brian UK said the indoor PCB provides an on /off cooling signal to outdoor unit on terminal 3 of interconnect block, this is just plain switched 240VAC (or whatever your mains voltage is) there is no intercommunication between indoor and outdoor on these non inverter cooling only models. The outdoor unit has a power relay which is energised by this output from the indoor, if you have mains voltage on terminal 3 at the outdoor unit when this fault is occurring then it is the little relay on the indoor PCB which is the problem or a problem in the interconnect wiring.
If there is no mains voltage on terminal 3 at the outdoor unit but the compressor and condenser fan are operating then the problem has to be with the power relay in the outdoor unit as this switches both the compressor and condenser fan.

If you really want the indoor PCB diagram PM me your email address and I will get it for you.

paul_h
10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks Brian and install monkey. Don't think it's exterior unit relay -it's been running fine since last visit last week! If the fault was constant, then for sure, I would have straight for a relay........
That's what sticking relays do, only stick if they've run continuously for x hours, if they don't reach x load or heat, then no problem.