PDA

View Full Version : Twin Chip fryer

vickgr
09-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

Maybe there someone that works on this stuff. If there is please help diagnose the problem. Here goes.

This is a twin fryer with thermostat control that is regulating and working ok , but now and again it is tripping on a manual resettable thermostat switch.At this point there is no power to the main adjustable thermostat. So basically its a switch with a small thin capillary+bulb running to the element non adjustable only a switch which you must reset to get power on again.

I am betting on the reset switch.
Any ideas or Question.

Regards

chemi-cool
09-05-2011, 12:45 PM
So basically its a switch with a small thin capillary+bulb running to the element non adjustable only a switch which you must reset to get power on again.

This thermostat is tripping when when the heating element or the oil temp is too high.
to find out if its OK, check the oil temp with another thermostat to see at what temp it trips, I think the oil should be at maximum 200°C.
If it trips at too low temp, replace it.
Check its contacts, if they are not tight, it gets hot and trips too early.

Hope I've helped you.

vickgr
09-05-2011, 09:43 PM
This thermostat is tripping when when the heating element or the oil temp is too high.
to find out if its OK, check the oil temp with another thermostat to see at what temp it trips, I think the oil should be at maximum 200°C.
If it trips at too low temp, replace it.
Check its contacts, if they are not tight, it gets hot and trips too early.

Hope I've helped you.

Thanks very much. I appreciate it chemi-cool. Sound's like you repaired them before.

Regards,

install monkey
09-05-2011, 10:01 PM
manual reset overheat stat-moniter the temp of the oil and prove the thermostat does cut out.
set it a 100deg to moniter cycling of the stat and prove it isnt sticking.

spimps
09-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi,Check the thermostat phial and the overheat phial are eqally positioned on the lower section of the element. The clips that secure them often corrode so that the overheat protector phial gets too close to the element causing it to trip,fit new clips if that is the case.

vickgr
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the reply's.

@ install monkey
So basically you saying that I should test it on a lower setting ?. The unit set via adjustable thermostat is set @ full if I remember correctly it is 180 deg. It will work for a certain amount of time and then trip on the thermostat switch.

@ spimps
Did not look @ the clips. Gathered from what you saying it could possibly be exactly that. So need to get back to the unit and go search with brand new ideas.

Thanks all of you for the help. Will get back to you guys A.S.A.P

devlin maguire
10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Or just replace both these things are realativly cheap and the time involved in phaffing around is not worth it, is it a valantine or lincat (European) if so they are a nightmare to replace basically you will need an assitant to hold every thing together as you assemble it, WATCH OUT FOR THE UNINSULATED SPADE CONNECTIONS, as the capilary can short these out basically destroying the new stats,

spimps
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Lincat capillerys are now insulated,fitted overheat protector last week single handed,still not easy but certainly not impossible.
The oil or fat around is the biggest pain.

B G Scott
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I have seen/done many of these, in all probability the main control stat is allowing the oil to over heat.
So if I were in your situation I would not mess around I would just change both high limit and control thermostats,
Also have a look at the oil the customer is using. I have seen many types that state on the container (Not to be used over 180C)
This would not change my recommended action ie replace both stats but the customer should be aware that the oil they are using has temperature limits

vickgr
15-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Hello all. Thanks for all the advice. You guys really helped allot. I did not go out again to the unit instead I quote for both stats and going there on Tuesday because they excepted my quote. So will update then on what happened.
Regards