PDA

View Full Version : Testing chamber

MikeHolm
09-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I don't know if this is the right heading for this subject but here goes...Does anyone have a good idea how I should build a test chamber for ASHPS? It will have to go down to -25C or maybe lower (with a 25C ambient) and be able to keep up with a 30kw system trying to remove what little heat there is left in the air at that temp. Next door to it will be a controlled room which could be set to typical household ambient conditions, 5-22C for example. It obviously won't be running 24/7 but I would like it to be as efficient as possible.

Any thoughts, which refrigerants or comps to use.

Thanks

mad fridgie
09-05-2011, 03:48 AM
No need for refrigeration, your ASAP will cool the chamber and keep it cold, you will need to introduce some energy and humidity for correct testing

MikeHolm
09-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I will have to have a load that always needs satisfying, a 500L tank for example which will need a small chiller and that part is easy but if I wanted to simulate a very cold start on the evap side rather than a gradual pull down..........:o Duh...OK, a very small room will get very cold quickly. Thanks for the reality check MF. Must be I didn't have enough beer for clear thought.;)