PDA

View Full Version : oil pump

devlin maguire
07-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi all, I am looking for a new oil pump primarily for adding oil to a system, but there does not seem much of a choice, SRW do one that fits containers and that all I can find, but I was after something that can be filled then connected to a standard 1/4 fitting any ideas anyone??
DM

sedgy
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
hi devlin, the only oil pump I have ever seen was a stainless steel body that fitted into the oil can aprox one foot long the pump handle was at the top end and the 1/4 inch fitting was at the top end of the body, this was ok but in a lot of jobs its as easy to reclaim the vapour from the valved off compressor, back into the system and let the vac suck the oil in , happy oiling , sedgy ,

devlin maguire
07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Sedgy, Why didn't I think of that, sometimes the brain get onto a track and it takes someone else to switch the points, and I always considered my self a lateral thinker,
Devlin

chemi-cool
07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi Devlin,
This is the most popular oil pump.
I have an electric pump for large jobs as well.

devlin maguire
07-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Chemi-cool who stocks that one I will need to get one at some point because fairley soon it,s going to be panic time over recovering R22 and its oil
Devlin

monkey spanners
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi Dev,

Heres a vid of the oil removing device i use, much easier than pumping it out, it is also handy for providing vacuum to pull fresh oil into the compressor too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAcu1gqhx0

I have an oil pump (refco i think) that i got from srw, its the type that sits in the can in place of the cap. I think i have seen the type Chemi has shown in either Climate Centre/NRS or RPW/FSW catalogues.

Jon :)

install monkey
07-05-2011, 09:36 PM
dont pump out oil.take the drain plug out of the sump!