PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint FFM90 fan not running

breeza
02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Taken the back off the freezer section to reveal the cooling fins and fan.
The cooling fins are cooling correctly but the fan never starts. So I took the fan off and measured the voltage at the fan plug contacts which is 0v so the problem is not with the fan motor but must be something else.

Measured the voltage at both sides of the brown thermal fuse "261F" and its 240v both sides. There is no resistance when I measure across it brown to brown, blue to blue. Is this correct?

Any help much appreciated.

install monkey
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
test voltage at fan plug with door contact pushed in

breeza
02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
There doesn't appear to be a door contact on the freezer door on on the top fridge door.

install monkey
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
is there a wiring diagram on the back of the cabinet

breeza
02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Not that I have seen no.

install monkey
02-05-2011, 07:42 PM
cant find a wiring diagram-trace the wiring from the fan plug to see if it goes via a pipe sensor which cuts the fan out when its on defrost.if it goes straight to pcb is it controlled off the thermostat for the fridge?

spimps
06-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Haven't got info for that but check out the model as below.
If the control module is situated in the top facia,on the right bhand side is a rast plug ,top connection is usually the evaporator fan,it is controlled via the sensor so it doesnt come on until -12c is attained on the evap.Could be the board relay.
Cheapest solution is to find the supply to the compressor ,it's on the same block usually two connections down,continuity check to compressor would identify ity.
Connect the evaporator fan to the compressor supply.
Have done it a few times when stuck and thre hasn't been any problems.