PDA

View Full Version : York chiller YCRE50SB50 with strange error code.

Pfigueiredo
02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello,
I´m new to this forum.
Maybe you guys can help me.
I have a YCRE50SB50 York screw compressor chiller with air remote condenser.
The unit doesn't start and displays this error code: 6C6C.
The problem is that this code doesn't show up in the manual.

Can someone help me ?
Best Regards
Paulo Figueiredo
Portugal

yorkman_gr
02-05-2011, 04:42 PM
never heard of this units can u give some more details? what for controller they have?

Grizzly
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Pfigueiredo.
You may have a confused display, or as the only alarm listed anywhere near to the one you describe is 6E6E.
Which is Alarm Water Failure (Differential Water pressure- Switch open) check your flow rates.
Grizzly.

Pfigueiredo
03-05-2011, 10:59 AM
never heard of this units can u give some more details? what for controller they have?

Hello,
This unit is an ASPACK similar to YCSE but with remote condenser.
thanks
Paulo Figueiredo

yorkman_gr
03-05-2011, 02:55 PM
i had a mind that is the same as the YCSE but looking on my documents i cant find the manual for this units,i assume Grizzly hi knows the units so i hope hi will be able to give some more details, now if they having CAREL controller is very easy to fine the manual by logging to CAREL.com and with your controller type u can download the manual for free. good luck

hector6
05-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Hi all,

This chiller sounds very much like the Hitachi Samurai chiller which is badged up as a york machine!
If the compressor is a hitachi screw then it will be.
Basically the 6C fault relates to condenser flow failure. Usually seen on a water cooled machine, it is normal to wire a condenser water PD switch or flow switch into relevant terminals.
On a condenserless ( remote condenser ) machine, the terminals will require linking out if a condenser interlock is not used. These will be next to chilled water flow switch terminals that give the 6E alarm mentioned. E relates to evaporator and C to condenser.

Grizzly
06-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi all,

This chiller sounds very much like the Hitachi Samurai chiller which is badged up as a york machine!
Basically the 6C fault relates to condenser flow failure. Usually seen on a water cooled machine, it is normal to wire a condenser water PD switch or flow switch into relevant terminals.
On a condenserless ( remote condenser ) machine, the terminals will require linking out if a condenser interlock is not used. These will be next to chilled water flow switch terminals that give the 6E alarm mentioned. E relates to evaporator and C to condenser.

With so much useful knowledge Hector, why wait so long to post?
Thanks for the above an interesting read!

Grizzly

Pfigueiredo
06-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi,
thanks a lot for the info.
You seem to know a lot about this chillers. Thanks a lot.
The compressor is HITACHI indeed. The two machines (hitachi and york) look the same, york is green and hitachi white. :-)
I think i solved the problem. One auxiliary contact at one of the star-delta contactors is bad. It stays stuck.
As soon as i push it several times in and out the 6C6C code stoped.
By the way none of you have a wiring schematics of this unit? york or hitachi samurai Condenserless CLG2 ?
It would have helped a lot.
Thanks
Paulo Figueiredo

Hi all,

yorkman_gr
06-05-2011, 05:08 PM
So far i know the units are join production with Hitachi, but never happen to put my hands in one of those thats why i don't have a manual , but i have heard a few good words about this units.