PDA

View Full Version : parking fines in supermarket carparks whilst working OUT OF ORDER

cold.man
30-04-2011, 10:05 PM
anyone else get parking fines in supermarket car parks?

i have looked into these parking companies extensivley ( there parking tickets are not worth the paper they are printed on )

classed as a civil matter they cannot take you to court etc.

why are we getting parking tickets docked out of are wages at the end of each month is there anyone else who has this done to them?

makes me feel sick us refrigeration engineers are out there working are backsides off and have some little ****house sticking a ticket on the van whilst we are working in the store. then you find your down £80.00 at the end of the month.
well thanks alot company i work for nice to see my hard work is well appreciated even though the ticket means nothing.
its people who pay these tickets that are keeping these organisations in business such as parking eye etc.

Tesla
30-04-2011, 11:40 PM
I know it sucks and it is not fair that any service tech gets a ticket for parking on site! It should be in the main contract that the customer provides suitable parking. But it just gets worse - it is planned for Sydney soon to implement smart cameras which have license plate recognition, see when you park and when you leave then simply post out the fine to your mail box. This is for public streets in the CBD. I went for a long drive last weekend and there are averaging speed cameras - if on average you are over the limit on say a 50 or 100kM stretch you get flashed and fined. The standard cost of a parking fine here is $87. But I'm just not sure where or what authority the security guards have in issuing a parking fine - I always thought only a sheriff could do that legally. So what is/are the consequence of refusing to pay a fine that is probably not legal to start with?

AUScooler:-)
01-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Park around back where the trucks unload.

cold.man
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
we have the smart cameras here already, they take your picture as you drive into the store car park and if your parked there for more than say 3 hours you get a nice letter through the post from work YOU HAVE JUST LOST £80.00 CONGRATULATIONS not in them words but to that affect.
not all the stores have the cameras they just have a **** head with a ticket book, the local council to the store run some of the car parks now but like i said previously the tickets mean nothing, they dont have a leg to stand on if you dont pay them, but you keep them in business if you do.
alot of people are on to them now though due to companys such as parking eye have been hung out to dry on a show called watch dog.
i think its only are company who pay there fines now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and as of your suggestion AUScooler not all stores allow you to park in loading areas, i have already refused to do service calls in city centre.

install monkey
01-05-2011, 10:02 AM
when u sign in on site normally they have a clipboard u can add ur reg to or a keypad which gives u all day parking.or when u get the ticket go see the manager who signed ur sheet-contest it-or last resort get the managers reg and get a dodgy front plate!

01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Who told you to remove vehicle from loading area and what was their reason?

install monkey
01-05-2011, 10:38 AM
auscooler-we only have tiny loading bays and when the shelf stackers leave trolleys of food lying about theres no room for the deliveries.also a lot of the time they have gates.

01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Ok single lane loading bays with gates i have not seen this before. Where are the staff parking and obviously they are not paying parking so perhaps you need to speak to store manager. What do they have to say.

Tesla
01-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Bugger I just posted about this today and I got one of those $86 parking fines. I haven't had one for 18 months. I was shopping in the CBD and was over by 20 mins. Grrahhh - Where's the smillys button I wanted to put in a grumpy look!

r.bartlett
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
anyone else get parking fines in supermarket car parks?

i have looked into these parking companies extensivley ( there parking tickets are not worth the paper they are printed on )

classed as a civil matter they cannot take you to court etc.

why are we getting parking tickets docked out of are wages at the end of each month is there anyone else who has this done to them?

makes me feel sick us refrigeration engineers are out there working are backsides off and have some little ****house sticking a ticket on the van whilst we are working in the store. then you find your down £80.00 at the end of the month.
well thanks alot company i work for nice to see my hard work is well appreciated even though the ticket means nothing.
its people who pay these tickets that are keeping these organisations in business such as parking eye etc.

Sorry I'm not getting this, are you saying you are working in a supermarket store and if you go over 3 hrs you get a parking fine?

Tradewinds
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
:) Nice one Tesla!

cold.man
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
r.bartlett that is correct not all sites but alot of supermarket carparks in the nothwest area now have reg recognition if you are parked there for more than the time permitted you get a fine through the post.
the problem is i myself dont even see the fine until it is taken from my wages.
i will pull up on a site sign in put veh reg next to name in signing in book like i say some sites have veh reg recognition some manually put the ticket on the window.
the store know you are working there i always put a sign in my window, the problem is alsot of the carparks are either council run or privatised such as parking eye car parks.
the store just say it has nothing to do with us, now as previously mentioned these tickets in these carparks mean nothing.
if for instance a copper put a ticket on or traffic warden then yes i cant fight it this fine would have to be paid, but in a supermarket carpark these are run by the likes of CPC, PARKING EYE, there is more of these but like i say there tickets would not be stand up in court etc.
it is these tickets are company are paying and us engineers lose out just because of the fact they cannot be bothered listensing to what us engineers have to say on the matter.
i have told my manager go onto the internet put in watchdog and look up supermarket carpark parking tickets, watchdog have looked into it extensivley also and they do not have a leg to stand on.
joe bloggs shopping does not even have to pay them by law as they are classed as a civil matter.

my whole point in this thread is to see if other engineers are having this problem
what is there employer doing about it?
if you have had this problem and managed to deal with it how did you go about it?

1 x ticket was put on my window i wrote to the parking company to appeal it and it was still taken out of my wages i find it so frustrating.

cold.man
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
type in watchdog parking eye on google and take a look on the watchdog site !!!!!!!!!!

01-05-2011, 03:21 PM
What happens if you leave this car park drive around the block and enter car park again. Will this stop you getting a fine.

eggs
01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Cold man, If i was employed by your employer I would tell them to stick their job up their ar$es. How can you allow them to treat you like that?
Better still, in future find free parking as far away from site as possible and spent all day carrying one tool at a time to site. Then when you have everything on site it should be dinner time, have your dinner and then load your van back up one tool at a time, then go home!

......or every time they deduct £80 from your wages syphon £80 worth of derv from the van and sell it down the pub.......use you imagination.

Eggs

Tayters
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Sounds like your firm should sort the fine out.

When I was at WR Refrigeration, Tesco's started bringing in the number plate recognition. I don't think anyone got caught out there, just typed your reg number in when signing in and that was it.

Aldi or was it Lidl parking eye was different. You had to give your reg number to the store manager who would fax a sheet of reg numbers to them of staff and visitors so they wouldn't get fined automatically. Once the manager didn't send off my reg despite me writing it down. The boss questioned me on it then called the store who sorted it out. From then on I made sure all parking details were noted on the job sheet.

Looks like your outfit take the money out of your wages and leave it at that. Unacceptable.

I like the idea of getting the bosses number plate and using that. I'm sure he wouldn't take it so why should you.

Andy,.

monkey spanners
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
If they are anything like my previous employers, they'd not pay the fine and take the money out of my wages....

Make some plates up with some black insulating tape of your managers car reg :D

Jon :)

devlin maguire
01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
This is just plain wrong, refuse to go to the job unless your boss gives you the fine money for each job that involves this sort of place and tell him he can have it back at the end of the month if there are no deductions
Dev

Kev The Tool
01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
just finish within 3 hours and tell them youll be back tommorow, if your company question it tell them to sort out your parking beforehand. simples.

cool runings
01-05-2011, 11:38 PM

If it happened to me once I would want somthing done.
if it happened twice I garrentee it would not happen a third time.

I would just pay for parking and then claim it back on expences.

If they refused to pay, they are not the company I would work for.

coolrunnings

r.bartlett
02-05-2011, 07:45 AM
r.bartlett that is correct not all sites but alot of supermarket carparks in the nothwest area now have reg recognition if you are parked there for more than the time permitted you get a fine through the post.
the problem is i myself dont even see the fine until it is taken from my wages.
i will pull up on a site sign in put veh reg next to name in signing in book like i say some sites have veh reg recognition some manually put the ticket on the window.
the store know you are working there i always put a sign in my window, the problem is alsot of the carparks are either council run or privatised such as parking eye car parks.
the store just say it has nothing to do with us, now as previously mentioned these tickets in these carparks mean nothing.
if for instance a copper put a ticket on or traffic warden then yes i cant fight it this fine would have to be paid, but in a supermarket carpark these are run by the likes of CPC, PARKING EYE, there is more of these but like i say there tickets would not be stand up in court etc.
it is these tickets are company are paying and us engineers lose out just because of the fact they cannot be bothered listensing to what us engineers have to say on the matter.
i have told my manager go onto the internet put in watchdog and look up supermarket carpark parking tickets, watchdog have looked into it extensivley also and they do not have a leg to stand on.
joe bloggs shopping does not even have to pay them by law as they are classed as a civil matter.

my whole point in this thread is to see if other engineers are having this problem
what is there employer doing about it?
if you have had this problem and managed to deal with it how did you go about it?

1 x ticket was put on my window i wrote to the parking company to appeal it and it was still taken out of my wages i find it so frustrating.

Fook me that's not good.

eggs
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I think a name and shame is in order.
Who on earth do you "work" for?

Eggs

cold.man
02-05-2011, 05:58 PM
i am so frustrated about this issue but im not about naming and shaming, dont get me wrong i would like too but no eggs its not me.

it seems are area managment are not doing anything about this issue so i think i had better give one of the directors a call see if that get me anywhere.

like i said the proof is there these privatised parking companies are a complete shower of ???? and they dont have a leg to stand on if these fines are not paid, just keep this in mind gents if you go out shopping of a weekend or if the dirt bags slap a ticket on you at work.
i will forward all my findings to the directors and see what happens.

eggs
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I would also send them a link to this thread. I'm certain one or two industry big wigs keep an eye on this site.

On a slightly related note, what happened to fridgeman .co m ?

Eggs

al
02-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Cold.man

Have you thought of making a small claims against the clamping companies? I'm open to correction from Abe but these are unregulated companies with draconian charges. All the companies i worked for refused to pay our fines, it came out of our wages but only for street parking, not car parks. (i apply the same rule to my guys). 80quid is a fair bit from a weekly pay packet, i would seek restitution.

al

Spencer.Guy
03-05-2011, 04:55 PM
On a slightly related note, what happened to fridgeman .co m ?

Eggs

1 or 2, well actually quite a few, people made too many (false?) accusations about a few people and I'm guessing there were some legal issues as a result.

Silhouette
09-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Cold.man,
Contact the HR department directly and tell them not to stop any parking fines etc from your wages unless they have contacted you first.