PDA

View Full Version : Mop?

Edvin
28-04-2011, 08:02 PM
The question is what is MOP in refrigeration? What does it do, what it eats?

For example on Carrier transicold SUPRA range units I can change MOP -4, 0 or +4, from cab commad.

Cheers, Edvin.

stufus
28-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Have look here.
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?9286-TXVs-with-MOP
Cheers
Stu

Edvin
28-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Thank You Stufus,

So phisicaly MOP is feedback to TXV from evaporator outlet pressure (roughly: it restricts outlet pressure - closes TXV).

But what results in unit behaviour, for example, on Carrier Supra range, will it give if the MOP is changed from std to +4 or -4, if units refrigerant cotour has mechanical TXV.

Edvin.

nike123
28-04-2011, 10:54 PM
MOP is used to prevent compressor from overload during pull down period.
So, if you change MOP value to higher, you risk to overload compressor.

cadwaladr
28-04-2011, 11:50 PM
maximum operating pressure,generally when its comes off defrosts limits pressure to compressor.

djbe
30-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Thank You Stufus,

So phisicaly MOP is feedback to TXV from evaporator outlet pressure (roughly: it restricts outlet pressure - closes TXV).

But what results in unit behaviour, for example, on Carrier Supra range, will it give if the MOP is changed from std to +4 or -4, if units refrigerant cotour has mechanical TXV.

Edvin.

I understand your question, as how does the configuration of the Carrier micro MOP have an effect when the TXV is only a mechanical type.

But must confess I cannot answer, has got me thinking though.

Abbs?????????

regards,
djbe.

Edvin
01-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I understand your question, as how does the configuration of the Carrier micro MOP have an effect when the TXV is only a mechanical type.

But must confess I cannot answer, has got me thinking though.

Abbs?????????

regards,
djbe.

Yes, exactly my question! The unit has a LP transducer to monitor the pressure, but what is the logics of outputs;)?

long server
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
It's for units that have suction bypass