PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv2-replacing compresor

slavex
28-04-2011, 06:56 PM
any instructions for replacing compressor of daikin vrv2 with multi outdoor-3unit rxyq16
with one inverter and 2 standard compressor.
i have to replace one standard comp. and i need your experience

thanks

kvas
29-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Have you ever replace any compressor? If yes is the same thing as any other system. if you dont we dont know your knowledge limits to direct you.

JoeAT50A
29-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Slavex, what are your concerns? So that we could able to direct you some dos and don'ts.
Basically same procedure to replace as kvas said.

slavex
29-04-2011, 01:30 PM
service manual has a procedure for extracting the entire refrigerant in system with a set of master unit.
in my case,
if I just close the all valve on the unit that i work can i extract refrigerant only on that unit and replace compressor.
Can i trust the valves of the unit, do not to lose rest of the refrigerant.

james10
29-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Don't do it! Put the unit into recovery mode and remove all the gas, and carry out an acid test, be sure that the suction line is sloping towards the compressor as this is critical for oil return

kvas
29-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Take a look at this pdf manual http://www.scribd.com/doc/54217070/SM-Si-53-Service-Check-Points-Compressor. Chapter 4 explain how you can replace a compressor. Read carefully and you will not have any problem . If any question we will be here able to answer.

slavex
29-04-2011, 09:11 PM
kvas
thanks for the useful link, but i don't have problem whit procedure of replacing compressor. Maybe I did not put my question properly.
Мy question is,
in multi outdoor VRV system i have to replace one compressor, how i better.
to close all valves on one unit and remove refrigerant from that unit, or to remove all refrigerant in system and after replacing compressor recharge unit or system with refrigerant. refrigerant is R410A

james10
you telling me to remove all ref.from system. way.
to exclude the risk of losing any refrigerant from faulty valves or ...

Brian_UK
29-04-2011, 10:59 PM
The only way to do the job properly is to recover all of the refrigerant using the recovery mode. Weigh how much comes out of the machine and compare it with how much was first put in.

Perform your repair work, evacuate the machine using the evacuation mode and then recharge by weight.

Yes the valves will hold the pressure but unless you remove all of the refrigerant you will not be able to recharge the machine properly or correctly because you will not know how much to add.

stufus
29-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey Slavex

Are you saying you have 3 outdoors unit linked on one system and you need to replace a comp in one outdoor ?
If so delete that unit from the system close the valves and recover what remains to a clean vacced cylinder.This way you can keep the system running at a reduced capacity.
If the install was carried out well there should be no swarf or other crap to prevent the valves from seating correctly.
Don't forget to check how much oil is in the comp you take out .And do an acid test on it !!!
Cheers
Stu

I'm working on the assumption you are familiar and happy with the system operation and performance other than the comp failure.

slavex
30-04-2011, 06:47 PM
thanks to all