PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool Freezer Icing up after a Week.... HELP

MrHolloway
27-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi All,

I have an American Style Fridge Freezer and the model is Whirlpool S20BRSB21 A/G. I have a problem that the Freezer and Fridge stop working after a full defrost after about a week with the same symptoms. The Fridge stops getting cool, the Freezer is only capable of freezing at the bottom and the top of the Freezer becomes the fridge until I defrost again. I have to take off the cover inside the freezer and it is a huge ice block stopping the fan cooling the freezer then the fridge. I have looked online and there are 2 things I am told could cause it. One is the Thermo Sensor on the Pipework in the freezer or the back board. I have replaced the front and back boards in the past but maybe it was faulty? There is also a Black Metal Bar that goes around the cooling system pluged into the Thermo Sensor? Whats that for??? One other thing is as soon as I plug the Fridge Freezer in it starts beeping after about 5 seconds on the freezer with the Dashes Showing until it get cold and I can then turn off and on and its ok for a week untill it ices up again and gets warmer then the alarm and process starts again. When I first bought the freezer and pluged it in it didnt beep when I turned it on.

Any advice and part prices/suppliers will be most appreciated.

Regards,