PDA

View Full Version : prices UK ??

devlin maguire
25-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Why are costs of kit so high in the UK, I have been looking at a new reccy unit Jeez who's got who by the balls here just look at the US prices for the same ,and I mean exactly the same kit in some cases it's half, now I don't care what the SRW and the like say it soes not cost £300 quid to frieght these over no ******* way this is a rip off. Any one going over to disney world? bring or send back a dozen
Devlin

james10
25-04-2011, 05:37 PM
import tax
fuel tax
value added tax
a little bit for the corrupt MP'S tax
basically cause we get taxed and screwed on everything we buy

B G Scott
25-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Well there is nothing stopping any one buying the kit direct from the States but I guess they might not have a CE spec bit of kit off the shelf.
The stock they hold will be USA UL standard and in particular the electrics are going to be 110V 60HZ.
But there is a free market out there and if they can supply at a lower cost than a UK supplier and if you are prepared for any problems with after sales issues then buy direct.
I am not a wholesaler, I am just sitting on the fence looking on.

devlin maguire
25-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I wonder if I bought sa y dozen and put in a voltage converter I could punt them on fleabay
Devlin(Trotter)Maguire

monkey spanners
25-04-2011, 07:57 PM
You have to pay import duty and vat on anything you import, plus there is shipping costs.

chemi-cool
25-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I buy a lot of spare parts on ebay. Recently, on ebay USA the shipping prices are getting ridiculous so I get them now from ebay UK.

its all in searching, there are tons of new parts in funny prices.

glenn1340
26-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I bought a cylinder heater band a few years ago from the US before they became widely available over here. I can`t remember the price but it was far lower than the equivalent UK on even for allowing for taxes and shipping.
Sodding VAT and import duties means an RV I`d like to retire in to travel Europe would cost an extra £20,000 to bring over

cadwaladr
28-04-2011, 12:00 AM
most of the stuff we use everyday is imported so dont get the shipping costs excuse i can buy a printer from tesco for the same price of the ink refills guess its just supply and demand [ yes we are being shafted]