PDA

View Full Version : VAM c/w electric heaters

r.bartlett
18-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Client is looking to use VAMS because of the regs and can't afford HP air con. So he has suggested that instead of electric wall heaters which have been quoted for by the fit out company could we install inline duct heaters on the vams?

I of course said yes but got to thinking the only problem would be a run on timer when they switch the VAMs off.

Has anyone done these before and what set up/ manufacturer did you use.

yinmorrison
18-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I think you will find that this is built in to the VAM units , it was the last one's I installed anyway ( Daikin ).

install monkey
18-04-2011, 08:46 PM
mitsubishi do a lossnay unit with dx circuit!-i fitted 12 3kw duct heaters to 12 vam units-fitted downstream of the supply vam1000.best to get thyristor controlled duct heaters which have a duct sensor which u set on the thyristor.this regulates the output and can boost the temperature if req but u will have to fit an airflow switch with a 1-3mbar range to stop the heater when no airflow.we fitted 3 kw neata duct heaters from fans and spares-cost £350 each with airflow kits and built in overheat stats -easy to wire just need a 13a supply.if u get a standard heater u will hear clunking of the contactor every 5 mins.

eggs
18-04-2011, 10:12 PM
3 kw neata duct heaters from fans and spares

Monkey, is that from Fans and Spares Manchester?
Who's the "Geezer" who thinks he's Paul Weller on a bad hair day with an even worse attitude and work ethic?

:D You know who I mean if you have been in recently. :D

What a knob.

Cheers

Eggs

Slim R410a
19-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Client is looking to use VAMS because of the regs and can't afford HP air con. So he has suggested that instead of electric wall heaters which have been quoted for by the fit out company could we install inline duct heaters on the vams?

I of course said yes but got to thinking the only problem would be a run on timer when they switch the VAMs off.

Has anyone done these before and what set up/ manufacturer did you use.

Space Air do an electric heater bolt-on kit that comes pre-wired. All you have to do is connect cable onto the VAM board and connect temperature probe into supply duct before heater. You only require the 16A supply to the VAM.
Ive used these before but only to heat incoming air not to target temp how you explain it but Im sure there is something avaiable.

install monkey
19-04-2011, 09:06 PM
paul! haha-proper 70's throwback!remember patsys dad who used to work in the warehouse previously.and roger the salesman who stunk of alcaholic aftershave!