PDA

View Full Version : Lg multi

eurocooling
17-04-2011, 04:48 PM
We have a Lg multi Fm21 with two indoor artcool units the system works perfect on cooling then when we put this on to heating it only runs for five mins and the displays show the rain drop sign on display.
The gas pressure is fine on R410a can anyone help

Regards

Jason

Brian_UK
17-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Two questions - what does the rain drop sign stand for and at what point is gas pressure fine?

edit: Found out what rain drop is from LG manual, it stands for dehumidification. Noted the the LG instructions are incorrect, it shows the rain sun symbol and 'set' heating - it also shows the rain drop and also 'set' heating.

Have you set the correct heating mode?

eurocooling
17-04-2011, 10:47 PM
We had the symbol on sunny no luck

Brian_UK
17-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Damn it, that's one theory out the window. ;)

It's not going into an early defrost for some reason is it?

eurocooling
18-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Why would it go into a defrost ? Bloody nightmare Lg units are

back2space
22-04-2011, 06:45 AM
The raindrop showing on the unit is "defrost/hot start".

Tayters
22-04-2011, 07:15 AM
If it is the the above then I'd suspect one (or both) of two things.

Hot Start: Indoor coil has to reach about 40*C before the fan lets rip. If the indoor temp is below about 12*C then as soon as the coil gets hot, the fan starts and the coil cools down too much so the hot start cycle starts again. Could also be because the sensor is giving the correct reading.

Defrost: Outdoor coil may freeze in cold ambients so when outdoor coil sensor reads minus figures for a preset time then it will reverse the cycle and defrost the coil. Again if the coil sensor is out then it may try a defrost when it doesn't need to.

When the fault happens are the indoor units still warm or is the outdoor unit trying to defrost?

Cheers,

Andy.

stufus
22-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I would love to offer some blinding insight to this situation , however that's not going to happen:(
I absolutely detest LG gear especially ARTCOOL stuff ,If it looks to good to be true it usually is.
I know this comment is not helpful at all to you or your client but the best advice I can offer is get a skip .(of course obey all disposal laws for refrigeration equipment:))
Rant over !:cool:
Cheers
Stu

eurocooling
26-04-2011, 04:59 PM
The room temp is 22 this starts heating for five mins and outdoor unit comes on then the fans runs really fast and then goes off

DarthVader
31-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Short of refrigerant

Slim R410a
31-05-2011, 04:21 PM
What is the outdoor temperature? Portugal in April?

I'm guessing outdoor temp is too high for heating mode. I know Daikin and Toshiba is +20degC max outdoor temp for heating?

back2space
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
What is the outdoor temperature? Portugal in April?

I'm guessing outdoor temp is too high for heating mode. I know Daikin and Toshiba is +20degC max outdoor temp for heating?

There can be warm days but the temperatures can drop at night certainly shouldnt be an issue for heating.