PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle workshop Ventilation and Air-Conditioning

ibnibrahim2000
17-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Please help me to design Ventilation and Air-Conditioning systems for a vehicle workshop with following purticulars
Total area ...... 1332m2
Total Volume.......8216m3
2 roller shutter doors......(2.5m*4m each)
There is office rooms attached to the workshop
6 Outdoor units placed inside the workshop (each of 2tone)
Separate fumes exhaust system already provided in the workshop (One flexible pipe will connect to the silencer and emit the fumes out through pipe)
Roof.......Aluminium panel with truss
Region..Gulf region (Mostly will be hot season)

Note: Despite the Air-Conditioning is undesirable in Vehicle workshops, client insist to provide the AC. So how we can balance the Air-Conditioning as well as Ventilation. Also please suggest the type of preferable AC system, like Package AC With ducting, Stand Alone unit (For localized AC) etc. please provide the type of Fresh air fans and Exhaust air Fans (Like Axial, centrifugal etc)…

Tesla
17-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi ibnibrahim2000 and welcome to our forum.
Not getting into specifics I would suggest you use a separate AC for the offices and keep it on a slight positive pressure from the W/S.
With the W/S I recommend you use a Co return air sensor (ppm maybe about 800 ish) to control the amount of fresh air required to comply with regulations in your area.
The above two control methods would provide the most cost effective and efficient way to achieve your clients goal.
Someone with the correct knowledge/standards should provide the exact parameters.