PDA

View Full Version : Calorex swimming pool heat pump

hopeful
16-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi I'm an end user so please forgive my lack of technical knowledge and for asking what is perhaps a stupid question!

I have a Calorex 910 swimming pool heat pump that is about 4 years old. Unfortunately it has a leaking heat pump - damage from the winter and I'm told that a replacement part would be £1,600 plus fitting costs. I trust the engineer - he's a good chap but I'm wondering if it is in any way possible to repair the heat exchanger.

So that the stupid question for the day. The compressor is undamaged and is still pressurised so that part of the pipework is ok - the pipework that carries the water is copper from what I can see before it goes into a pollyeurathane moulding. Has anyone ever tried to gently remove the foam moulding and repair the water pipe - I guess if it's ally then it would not be worth bothering but if it's a copper coil is it worth a try?

The foam look similar to the expanding building foam used to seal around pipes - frames etc.

My apologies for using a forum for refrigeration engineers but I figured if anyone would know it would be you.

Thanks for looking at this posting.

Tim

Bigfreeze
16-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Do you mean a leaking heat exchanger? If so it can't be repaired

hopeful
16-04-2011, 01:54 PM
yes I think so - it's at the base of the unit covered in insulation foam.

Thanks

Tim