PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Atmosphere Reefer Container

Jedrek
15-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Can anyone give me information of this unit? Would like to know brand, technology, etc. Have heard is a new container refrigeration unit which can keeps apples up to 300 days, bananas 150, avocados 100, etc. Is this true???? Do not confuse with CA or MA containers which are clear for me.

Brian_UK
15-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I know nothing of this technology but found a vast range of information by searching the internet.

Have you tried this method yet?

Will
16-04-2011, 02:01 AM
What brand/model is Jed talking about ?

Marine Reefer
28-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Perhaps this relates to recent O3 ancilliary systems some manufacturers are adding to reefer containers.
Ozone acts an anti-bacterial/fungicidal element, and does destroy ozone, being the only CA-like contributor, however it is highly corrosive, can damage cable insulation and gaskets, and look out if a good concentration hits the grease in the fan motor bearings!(like O2 and oil)
There is also systems using photo catalytic oxidation, acting in the same way on ozone, but none of these systems can do the same as low O2 for extending post harvest life as you mention.

bruisermac
11-05-2011, 04:57 AM
maybe hes talking about Carriers newest CO2 reefer? I heard Mitsubishi is getting back into the mix as well as they have a prototype in development.