PDA

View Full Version : how do i know my system is charged well

duraid
24-09-2005, 07:24 PM
hi all I知 not sure if my question is typical are strange in this great forum I致e a black point in my life it's the amount of pressure at the suction side .I知 dealing with kitchen freezers and refrigerators and even a domestic refrigerators they are working with R-22 ,404a ,R-12, 134 if we suppose all the system components working properly and I知 talking about forced air cooling system (a fan mounted in the front of evaporators )what is the readings should I get on the suction side help me by explaining or tell me if there is any site I can get these information from or any documents that help me to learn thanks all

duraid
24-09-2005, 07:48 PM
thanks botrous you are talking about the volume of refrigerant but i saw many of them using the guages and only the low pressure guage and feeding the refrigerant until the guage readings reaches to 1.5 for R-22 bar or 1 bar R-12 i've never seen a frigorist uses the volume quantity as a reference

botrous
24-09-2005, 08:03 PM
If you want to use the gauges to determine if the refrigerant is enough in the system , you need to know many parameters , i've sent you a link via email that explains that .
But doing that and wait the gauges to mark 1 or 1.5 bar , i donno , it doesn't seem to me to be a scientific and adequate method.

Regards

botrous
24-09-2005, 08:13 PM
OOPs maybe someone else is interrested and wants the file , here is a link for the file . . . just click on the download :)

http://www.sporlan.com/10-135.htm

Regards

Brian_UK
24-09-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.sporlan.com/10-135.htm
....Yes, the good old Sporlan site, a vast source of interesting knowledge :) A timely reminder Botrous, thanks.

botrous
24-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes, the good old Sporlan site, a vast source of interesting knowledge A timely reminder Botrous, thanks

Always welcome :)
A friend reminded me of the sporlan site 2 days ago . . . . so i had a timely reminder to :)

Regards

Deejey
25-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Botorous with sunnys on....in disguise, hiding from the cops or out to impress the ladies...lol

afeef
25-09-2005, 05:20 AM
hi all I知 not sure if my question is typical are strange in this great forum I致e a black point in my life it's the amount of pressure at the suction side .I知 dealing with kitchen freezers and refrigerators and even a domestic refrigerators they are working with R-22 ,404a ,R-12, 134 if we suppose all the system components working properly and I知 talking about forced air cooling system (a fan mounted in the front of evaporators )what is the readings should I get on the suction side help me by explaining or tell me if there is any site I can get these information from or any documents that help me to learn thanks all
hi dear
the scientific way to determine the frion charge in a system is the sight-glass,when the bubbels disappears ,means the system is fully charged
the pressure gauge give you a range of pressur cause the ambiant temperature affect the refrigerent charge
for the domistic refrigerators,the weight of refrigernt (writen on name plate)is your choice of charging
all regards

Peter_1
25-09-2005, 10:37 AM
What if there isn't a nameplate?
What about superheat?
Filling a sightglass till bubbles are gone isn't a scientific way to determine correct filling?
What about subcool, flashgas when filling till sight glass is full?

This was covered already in the past and Chemi gave as far as I remember a solution which most of us are using to fill almost any domestic system.

Temprite
25-09-2005, 10:52 AM
This was covered already in the past and Chemi gave as far as I remember a solution which most of us are using to fill almost any domestic system.

G'day Peter

What was the method?
Which thread was it on.?
I would be interested to read.

Peter_1
25-09-2005, 11:15 AM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1364.html

It was Richard Bartlett

Abe
25-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Its Simple

You charge until the frost line appears just after the end of evap coil.

Then you have full charge

This applies small domestic systems, cap tube

botrous
25-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Botorous with sunnys on....in disguise, hiding from the cops or out to impress the ladies...lol

Both , disguising from the cops and impressing the ladies :):):)

duraid
25-09-2005, 05:57 PM
thank u guys very much all of you .i received the link you sent potrous it's very useful and i'm still reading it i know that the use of guages only is not a scientific even all the system components are okay because variation of ambient temp.thanks a lot and i'll keep in touch

botrous
25-09-2005, 11:10 PM
potrous
It's Botrous , for who , who find it difficult to spell , try to call me pierre my real name , maybe i get it written right :)

Welcome Duraid , keep on visiting the forum , it's a great place to learn and to share your knowldge

Regards

Temprite
27-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Its Simple

You charge until the frost line appears just after the end of evap coil.

Then you have full charge

This applies small domestic systems, cap tube

Hello Aiyub.
This was the method I was taught as an apprentice.

One engineer I know stops the evaporator fan and uses the same method.

He claims that the cabinet doesnt have to be at temperature to do it this way.

Anyone heard of this?

Temprite
27-09-2005, 11:30 AM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1364.html

It was Richard Bartlett

Thanks Peter.

chillin out
27-09-2005, 06:18 PM
One engineer I know stops the evaporator fan and uses the same method.
If im working on a cap system and im not weighing the gas in I always use this method, I thought everybody did this?
:)

frigidfridgie
29-09-2005, 06:38 PM
A sight glass is only an indication of moisture in the system..that is why they are called moisture indicators..a sight glass installed in a horizontal plane will not be a correct indication of refrigerant charge..to be effective for that purpose they need to be installed in a vertical plane..and..do not forget that if you have a drier/strainer in the system prior to the sight glass and there is any form of restriction in the drier/strainer then the sight glass will bubble..great way to overcharge the system by using the clear sight glass method.

neil sailes
29-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi all
No offence but I haven't come across many domestic refrigeration systems that use a sight glass.

Is R12 still legal to use in Tunisia.

Also I agree with the method where you stop the evap fan and charge by the iceline.
It works evey time.

Neil