PDA

View Full Version : Dixcell XR164c controller. Staging defrost intervals.

Grizzly
11-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys
Say you have 3/4 of these controllers each controlling 2 evaps.
Each have their own defrost intervals, say 6hrs.
What would happen if there was a power cut, when the power comes back on would all the evaps go in to defrost mode 6hrs after the power being re-instated?
In fact with a digital controller how do you stagger the defrost intervals if you want them at 6hr intervals?
Cheers Grizzly

charlie patt
11-04-2011, 09:33 PM
you can have battery memory back up on them but you guessed it when the batteries go all hell breaks lose on multi evaps we fit supco timers so if power goes each unit powers up differentley or you could set df to run time not real time?

install monkey
11-04-2011, 10:58 PM
offset the compressor on delay to 30mins then one will defrost after the other-this can be increased to upto 255 minutes but imagine unplugging it to clean a condenser and waiting 4 hrs for the compressor to restart!!

install monkey
11-04-2011, 10:59 PM
or change the defrost mode to intelligent mode which defrosts on compressor run hours not a preset time

Grizzly
12-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Thanks very much for the info Guys.
It all makes sense, Brilliant!
These units do have a smart defrost mode which apparently defrosts when coil reaches a (settable) Defrost set point.
That's if the extra probes have been installed, so maybe that's another option.
I have not been to the particular site yet so I know no more at this stage.
Just discussed a potential issue with a colleague. Hence the post!

Cheers Grizzly

martinw58
13-04-2011, 06:05 AM
parameter dsd is defrost off set time you set this to stop units defrosting at same time 0=59 mins

martinw58
13-04-2011, 06:07 AM
i have dixel manual but can not attach as file is to big i think attachment limits on site are to small

Grizzly
13-04-2011, 06:14 AM
i have dixel manual but can not attach as file is to big i think attachment limits on site are to small

Thanks for your kind offer Martin.
I have a manual so I will be able to check out your recommended setting.
Many thanks Grizzly

AUScooler:-)
17-04-2011, 05:09 PM
So you have 4 controllers controlling 8 evaps on 4 refrigeration compressors is this correct? Do you have digital input to start defrost and digital input delay? Is the system air defrost or heater defrost?