PDA

View Full Version : Nitrogen regulator

Kirky
11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
hi guys hope all is well just a quick one knocked over my nitro cylinder with regulator attached smashed one of the gauges. Regulator brand new have spoken to BOC and they tell me I need to buy new one surely the clocks can be replaced they are threaded. Is what BOC tell me the truth or can I replace the gauge.

cool runings
11-04-2011, 01:33 PM
hi guys hope all is well just a quick one knocked over my nitro cylinder with regulator attached smashed one of the gauges. Regulator brand new have spoken to BOC and they tell me I need to buy new one surely the clocks can be replaced they are threaded. Is what BOC tell me the truth or can I replace the gauge.

No one will sell you the gauges.

You are not alowed to fit them yourself.

The only option is to replace it for a new or a reconditioned one.

There is a safety issue here and although the cost of new is high
it is less than the harm done if anything failed after you fitted the
gauge.

cool runnings

Argus
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM

BOC and Cool Runnings are quite right.

There was a fatality a few years ago attributed to a faulty regulator.

r.bartlett
11-04-2011, 04:50 PM
You can buy both contents and pressure from SRW at 13 quid ea

Tradewinds
11-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately, if you replace the gauge then you effectively become the manufacturer and leave yourself open to all sorts of liabilities should an accident occur. The question would also be asked why the cylinder wasn't strapped in a trolley or to a fixed piece of equipment.

Quality
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM
You should not be repairing this type of equipment as above all else how are you going to ensure that the repair is / tested. Just because it may function when repaired it does not mean its working safely

charlie patt
11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
like above says srw do them and you can check pressures and content through your 410 gauges if required not a full bottle , yes you should have new but no doubt like us we all cant pay boc prices all the time, or do like i do run two spare gauges on the firm and when the local stockist have a open day pop in and they will calibrate your regs for a fiver

Kirky
13-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Yep I thought as much i wasnt going to repair the reg myself I heard about the fatality. Just thought that BOC or someone would offer a repair service.

Trying to rush and get on the next job just cost me £350. I know you should always brace the cylinder to something solid but im only human and sometimes make mistakes. Anyway lesson learned just have to buy a new one.

Cheers guys

monkey spanners
13-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Think SRW do regs for about £120 might be worth giving them a call.

Quality
13-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Javac regs are only about 150 quid