PDA

View Full Version : recover oil seperator

tony2009
10-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Guys;
I'm looking for something a little unusual here and hoping someone may know of something.
What I'm looking for is, is an oil separator with a facility to remove contaminated oil rather than just sending it back to the compressor, without losing the gas.
Check or dump valve of some description and may be built in; or attached to a standard oil separator, doesn't matter.
The Parker P4125 is something along the lines of what I'm looking for, but apparently they don't make the P4125 anymore.
My customer is looking to add it to a recovery unit.
Something that would accept standard refrigerant fittings would be a preferable option.
If you know of something it would be much appreciated; even better if you know where I can purchase them.
Best regards; Tone......

martinw58
11-04-2011, 07:50 PM
can you fit a shut off valve in the oil return line with a caped end os you can drain the oil

tony2009
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
I did, but my concern was losing gas when removing the oil.
I think I may have found something though it was probably a little more than I was originally looking for but certainly appears to fill the bill.
Regards; Tone...

Magoo
12-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Try dumping into a recovery cylinder then recover the vapour off the top.

tony2009
14-04-2011, 01:55 AM
G'day Magoo;
Thanks for that and I have spoken with my customer; as it is; they've gone down the road of the recoverymate 69500 which should cover their requirements, so we'll see how it goes.