PDA

View Full Version : Internal domestic refrigerant leaks

voltair
09-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I have been encountering a lot of domestic fridges with leak internally. Is there something that can be done about these:confused:

sedgy
09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
hi voltair.
internally ? = compressor , or the actual fridge?
sedgy ,

voltair
10-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi sedgy
Not in the compressor but in the internal refrigerant piping of the fridge, eg evaporators

Peter_1
10-04-2011, 09:18 AM
You can't repair those. Mostly an iron/steel evaporator and they rust after some time.

voltair
10-04-2011, 10:39 AM
You can't repair those. Mostly an iron/steel evaporator and they rust after some time.

Thanks PETER
Could there perhaps be some fluid injected in the system which can seal where the small rusty holes are? i read something like that in an american journal some years back.You haven't head any thing like that no???:confused:

mikeref
10-04-2011, 11:05 PM
There is a fluid sealant available in Aus, and i have one but never used it. Waiting for the right situation where fridge owner will agree on conditions of use. Thinking it might do more damage than good.

voltair
11-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Hello Mikeref
thanks for confirming my suspicions. could you please link me to the suppliers of this fluid, or is it possible to give me details of the fluid so i can find out if I can source it near where I live
Cheers man
voltair

chillin out
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
How does the liquid expect to travel up the capillary without blocking it?
Surly as it's main function is to find and seal small holes then it would just seal the capillary over?

Chillin:):)

mikeref
11-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Details are herehttp://cliplight.com/hvacr/products.php?pageID=Product_Details&productID=64

mikeref
13-04-2011, 02:40 AM
How does the liquid expect to travel up the capillary without blocking it?
Surly as it's main function is to find and seal small holes then it would just seal the capillary over?

Chillin:):) Something to do with reaction to air. Really haven't gone into it or checked out info. So long since i bought the can,... now i can't find it. Put it somewhere safe:rolleyes:, of course!!

voltair
13-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks Mikeref for the link; http://cliplight.com/hvacr/products....s&productID=64 its very informative and I am already in contact with CLIP LIGHT.COM
thanks & best regards
voltair