PDA

View Full Version : Room temperature sensors (VRV)

kvas
06-04-2011, 05:09 PM
The question is this : if we have 3 indoor units with one control, there are , one sensor at the control and 3 more at the indoor units. Which is the operation sequence? There is a master sensor ? if one of three places is more cold will still work and other not?

stufus
06-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey Kvas
The brand will make a difference ,but generally the sensor in the remote controller needs to be enabled to have any input to the operation.
If you have 3 units on that controller they will operate to the selected set temperature but each unit will use the information gathered by it's own return air sensor .
Remote group sensors are available for most brands(master sensor) and some allow an auto sequence change over for two pipe heat pumps which forces all units to change mode at the same time.
If using the sensor in the controller positioning is crucial , solid external walls are not a great idea as they can influence the sensor by radiating temperatures above and below the space temperature causing erroneous operation.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Stu

kvas
06-04-2011, 07:18 PM
thanks stufus!! it helps

JoeAT50A
07-04-2011, 05:03 AM
If you goup it as one local remote controller as master for 3 indoor units (04, 05, 06 for example), then remote controller will detect the smllar address 04's sensor to work. Daikin, Mitsubishi, Toshiba and others are more or less same idea. Stufus has more experiences on VRV and VRF, please take his advises.

kvas
07-04-2011, 07:55 AM
May i connect to No 5 indoor unit for example my M-NET (MUI) and register the address for 04's indoor unit sensor? The experience gained by mistakes that i'm trying to avoid. Here there are some, like stufus and you, that help me to succeed it.

JoeAT50A
07-04-2011, 08:48 AM
M-net is ok you can connect to No 05 or 06 I mean nearest one but system will only detect the smallest address in your group. If you really wanted to have no 5 indoor, simply swap the address between 04 and 05. Remote controller address remain unchanged (for example 104).
Good luck.

kvas
07-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks a lot
!!!