PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new compressor

woof
06-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Yes, I'm a newby..........
I bought a new in the box Copeland CR41KQ-PFV-980WB. I didn't have enough sense to ask a few basic questions at the time of purchase.

1. Is this unit already charged with oil?
2. The suction and discharge ports are at the top in the normal locations. But, there is another 3/8 inch line near the bottom of the unit. What is this for?? Oil charging??
3. I assume this low port will need to be sealed. I this assumption correct??

Thanx for the help

woof

sendhilkmar
06-04-2011, 07:17 AM
woof,
1. yes, this compressor charged with Oil.
2. The additional 3/8"tube is process tube, in smaller hermetic compressor this process tube is used for refrigerant charging.
3. After charging, this process tube should be pinched

sendhil

woof
06-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Sendhil, thanx. Being new at this and dumb is no fun. Now I'm not quite a dumb as I was before.

Thanx

woof

Brian_UK
06-04-2011, 10:56 PM
If you check with the compressor details you will see that the 3/8" line at the base is the discharge line, the 3/4" is the suction at the top and the 1/4" at the top is the process tube.

If you block off the 3/8" line you will blow the compressor.

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/OnlineCatalog/ProductDetails/tabid/1780/Default.aspx?Product_Code=B93-391

mikeref
06-04-2011, 11:07 PM
EH?.. suction and discharge at the top in normal locations?? Would have thought the 3/8 line at the bottom was the discharge line and the two at the top would be suction and access port. Had to check it out.. bottom line is discharge.. Mike.

mikeref
06-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Brian UK, beat me again. Here was i doing the search and when i posted:rolleyes:, Brian slipped in before me:D. That's a few times we've overlapped.. Mike.

Brian_UK
06-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Sorry Mike, not trying to outsmart you, honest.

Grizzly
07-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Is it's any consulation Mike. I recon Brian is hooked up to IBM.
Maybe us mortals will stand more of a chance when He moves South West?:D
Unless, He's got a long cable?
Grizzly

mikeref
07-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi there Grizzly, reckon Brian has the ability to press any key and the answer pops out,.. yep, IBM.;). In reality, i started the response, then wondered off in another window to have a look at the picture of this compressor. That's when one can easily get side-tracked, so i should stay focused.:).. Mike.

Brian_UK
08-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I also wonder sometimes whether the search engines, Google etc., are configured differently across the globe; this can speed up searches and downloads. We know that some countries operate restricted search engines whereas we seem pretty liberal here in the UK.