PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi electric microcomputer lev checker

marc5180
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know where to get a check led for testing levs on Mitsubishi electric kit.
In the manual it says that It connects onto the Pcb and gives an output with a sequence of lights which proves if the board is working.

I've spoken to mitsi and they say they do exist but they don't know where to get them from.

moondawn
05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
hi marc i here they can get them from climate centre direct from mitsi hope this helps :-)

install monkey
05-04-2011, 08:08 PM
get a spare lev head to plug in and feel the servo motor pulse open.normally the heads pop off the body or the valves req rebooting to reset the position.

nike123
05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Marc, those LED are only visual indication of something. If you use your multimeter, you could also see what is happening same as with LED indicator.

BTW, LEV is acronym for what?

marc5180
05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
LEV- Linear Expansion Valve

The LEV has been tested with a multimeter and it checks out ok and when carrying out a valve reset the LEV seems to close yet when the valve is put back on it doesn't open even though the controls say that it is.

Before I order a new board I wanted to check the output from the board to be sure.

nike123
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
This is principal diagram of control of LEV:
http://i54.tinypic.com/28lf6gn.jpg

In place of these 4 diodes you could put any LED diode and you have indicator you ask.

install monkey
05-04-2011, 09:19 PM
u got another system to swap pcbs over? -on citymulti u can check lev positions on the outdoor unit on the dip switches

marc5180
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Where could I get an led diode like that though Nike123?

Install monkey: yes I could swap the boards with another system but think one of these checkers would be a handy tool to have and would be much quicker/simpler than swapping boards.

I have the monitoring tool for the city multi so I can see the valve position and open and close them with the laptop.

JoeAT50A
06-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Marc, those LED are only visual indication of something. If you use your multimeter, you could also see what is happening same as with LED indicator.

BTW, LEV is acronym for what?

Following Nike123 advise. So far LEVs are hardly damaged, may be locked due to moisture. Sometimes small leak will occur due to some contaminants stuck the valve seat. Coil portion is easy to replace, valve leak or locked then you may sweat... good luck.

soleowner
03-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Marc-

Did you figure out what was needed to use Diode LED's? Please share.

RatsPom
03-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry to go off topic but got given a new site with 20 mitsi PURY-P650 YGMs. I don't have access to a Mnet tool so is there a few dip switches I can alter on the outdoor unit to tell me if its working correctly - pressure temps etc

Thanks

Mac

marc5180
03-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Marc-

Did you figure out what was needed to use Diode LED's? Please share.

No, i never found out.

marc5180
03-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Sorry to go off topic but got given a new site with 20 mitsi PURY-P650 YGMs. I don't have access to a Mnet tool so is there a few dip switches I can alter on the outdoor unit to tell me if its working correctly - pressure temps etc

Thanks

Mac

Have you downloaded the manual for the unit from the Mitsubishi website? If not i suggest you download it and in the back there is a full list of dip switch settings.

RatsPom
04-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Have you downloaded the manual for the unit from the Mitsubishi website? If not i suggest you download it and in the back there is a full list of dip switch settings.

I guess that's where I should have started first, at the Mitsi website first

Thanks Mac