PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help on carrier xarios 200

Teddyt
04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi people

Have a customer with a transit freezer van running carrier xarios unit. Not cooling. Stuck my gauges on and I have pressure just compressor does not start. Measured voltage to compressor but this is 0 so some thing is holding the compressor off may be LP / hp ? No fault codes logged in controller. Jumped on top sight glass shows wet which is not a good sign will need moisture removing and new drier fitting after pressure/leak test.

Checked coil on compressor clutch and it is reading around 3ohms (12v) so this is is fine. Still no signal to compressor to start clutch.

Have power probed 12v onto compressor to energise clutch and compressor fires up, system starts to cool pressures aren't bad, jumped back up on condensing unit. Sight glass is slightly bubbly but I got some flow, and condenser fan motor cuts in lovely and stabilizes head pressure.

So something holding off compressor or wire is broken further up, but i cant find an LP switch anywhere only some sort of sensor clamped to discharge pipe of compressor, I'm guessing this is measuring discharge temp for something.

After dropping 12v out get error code A04 and P04 which is compressor clutch over/under current but I think that's just from me trying to energise the clutch so faults are coming back to module.

Any wiring diagrams for this unit would be greatly appreciated or any suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance

Ted.

cadwaladr
04-04-2011, 03:15 PM
lp is on evap i think,i take it is set to a lower temp than ambient ,hold set button for 5 seconds and alarms should show [a] prefix is present active alarms [p] prefix is past logged in memory trace the wire back to source could be a break in cable.

Teddyt
04-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah set point is set to -21 and ambient was about 14 yesterday so all ok there. Checked fault codes non stored, did look on evap for LP but might have missed it will have another look when it comes back in. If I find it ill try to link out LP and see what happens, however I would have thought error code for LP would come up on fault codes.

If this doesnt start comp I will try to find a break in the wire for compressor think it runs up inside the front o/s wheel arch and either into cab into controller or back to a control module in the condenser on the roof.

Cheers

Ted

clivemtk
04-04-2011, 08:09 PM
strip off conduit about 2mtrs or where it goes over wheel arch you will find it

cadwaladr
04-04-2011, 08:40 PM
yeah right?

charlie patt
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
lp switch on right of evap its green with 2 wires but if it aint bringing up a a or p1 code dont worry if you have no red lights up you probable have a bad feed to comp or bad resistance in coil pack for clutch if the unit senses bad voltage it shuts down put a meter on feed wire to comp and get someone to fire it up after delay the power should come briefly conect something on the wire that draws 5 amps the ecu will energize it if it dont broken wire from roof pod wire 16 of ecu the klixoin on pipe is discharge thermistor and dont pay to much attension to site glass they always show wet

clivemtk
06-04-2011, 09:01 PM
teddyt the compressor is feed is by pin 32 of the micro unit and the wire is marked clhr check the loom from micro where it bends down to fibre glass belly pan has not rubbed wire

charlie patt
06-04-2011, 09:55 PM
wire 16 on a ex iceland van to comp

clivemtk
07-04-2011, 07:37 PM
he didnt mention an ex iceland van

charlie patt
07-04-2011, 08:18 PM
no he did not but a transit with a xarios 200 it narrows it down a bit

vehikool
14-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi if the unit cuts out on LP it will stop cooling and show AL1 but as soon as the vehicle stops and starts the code will disapear, it does not record it, its deleted! as for no feed at the compressor it is pulse fed but the pulse out is only there for less than one minute after the first couple attempts at trying to energise the compressor clutch if a large 10 to 20 amp draw is not recognised by the proccessor it will show P4 or A4 and stop trying to feed the compressor. Try this first then wiring etc as recmended by the others
hope this helps
Tommycool

ChallengerSRB
18-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I own a van with a Cooling Device device XARIOS 200
Does anyone know how many ball bearings has a clutch compressors and their labels? Hear a slight buzzing, replace them in time.
Does anyone have instructions for setting the controller in the cabin?

Thanks!

Teddyt
20-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Guys

Many thanks for your help, I am trying to get the customer to bring it back into the work shop so I can get another look at it but he is busy and is using another freezer van that he also has.

Bit of a nightmare now as I want to know what was actually up with it. Will keep on trying to get him to bring it back and post the outcome when/if it comes in ARRGHHH lol.

Initially he dumped this on me at 6.00pm on a Friday and I gave it till 8.00pm then said i was shutting shop and to bring it back Monday. Typical lol. Will keep you posted

Cheers people

perthtech
21-04-2011, 01:01 PM
If it is holding a P04 alarm being a passed alarm, it should hold A01/P01 in the alarms,
Get the alarm up on the display and press + or - it will scroll through any other passed alarms.
If the P01 alarms in not present, i would say micro has gone.
Immediate shutdown alarms are EE ( probe) BATT ( low battery supply voltage) LP ( A01) HP (AO2)

Edvin
28-04-2011, 06:58 PM
First, how many digits do you have on the cab command ( 3 or 4), 1) check the wire, if OK 2)If you have a 4 digit command, the microprocessor has two fuses in it on the processor board - check them. 3) if everything OK and You don't have alarm codes, the processor is bad (sometime I fix them), but since You live in a normal country like England change it. Processor price 800eur