PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRVII slow to respond to changeover from heating to cooling etc

hyperion
30-03-2011, 09:51 PM
We have a Daikin VRVII 3 pipe system installed in an hotel and have received complaints that if the guests change the room temperature, thereby causing a change in mode, it can take up to 20 minutes before a change in temperature in the room can be noticed.
As it is going to be difficult to access all of the affected rooms to carry out sensor temperature checks in full heating and cooling, are there any other suggestions that can be tried to enable a diagnosis and any remedial work as required?

AbsoluteWDJ
31-03-2011, 09:03 PM
For these systems to operate efficently, you have to have good airflow over every coil (indoor and outdoor). This would be where I'd start the fault diagnosis.

hyperion
01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks Absolute, I will get the coils checked on my next visit. As the rooms all have the "limited" wall mounted controllers, it is not practical to check the coil/pipe sensor temperatures.
I seem to recall being advised once, a few years ago, that there is a built in delay in changing over mode to allow the expansion valves to equalise out in the BSV box.

Jase
14-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi hype,

It may be advisable to hook up a service checker on the outdoor unit and monitor operation characteristics.
Before hooking this up though, I would agree with Absolute and make sure that all the filters are clean.

Jase

hyperion
15-04-2011, 07:10 AM
We have checked all of the bedroom unit filters, all are clean. Think we will have to go down the service checker route next and then try to unravel all of the relevant data. Thanks for input.