PDA

View Full Version : sanyo cassettes water leaks

al
19-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Hi Guys

anyone having problems with these cassette units intermittantly leaking water from the louvres?? Have come across two with this problem and after much tearing apart of indoors have concluded that they were marginally short of gas:confused:
Any input appreciated

Al

hiitsme
19-09-2005, 09:03 PM
hi
clogged filter?,too much humidity in he air?,blocked drain or faulty drain pump and condensated water overflows from tray?
if it's not a split but a fan-coil, then water leak?

Peter_1
19-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Some units have heaters in the louvers to prevent condensation.
Check once this heaters - if fitted - is connector connected?
Check resistance if they're not broken.

Otherwise, blown air is too cold for whatever reason, short of gas or lowered HP due to dropping outside temperature.

al
19-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the replies.........checked indoor pump, drain and flushed driptray and cleaned coil, even with a gas leak this is the first brand of cassette i've seen do this.....was running at 3.6b suction and after decanting and weighing in charge it was at 4b....was just wondering if this is unique to sanyo (and apparently carrier)??
Water was coming from top of evaporator where pipes enter unit

Al

Brian_UK
19-09-2005, 11:05 PM
..Water was coming from top of evaporator where pipes enter unit

Is the vapour seal of the insulation complete or are you getting the water from the pipework and not the coil ?

Temprite
20-09-2005, 12:06 PM
When high wall splits are slightly short of gas they can spit water out of the fan onto the louvres.

The cassettes are probably doing the same thing...

Although I have never seen this happen on a cassette.

al
20-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Leak seems to be from top of coil, dripping down outside through louvres, have had it on 2 units and bringing suction pressure up to over 4bar seems to have solved problem.

Al

techguy
21-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Al.
I work for Sanyo and can honestly say I 've never come across this. If you need any info drop me a line I would be happy to help.
Regards
T

rbartlett
21-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Has anyone experienced condensate forming on louvres due to a combination of high dew points and low fan speeds or even just low fan speeds?

yes

cheers

richard

eggs
21-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Al, i have also had similar problems with unexplaned water leaks.
Are the systems on r407c ?
Apparantly on long pipe runs there can be a problem with the Glide and the evap coil can freeze up on the bottom, and then overload the lift pump with the defrosting ice and normal condensate.
I'm not a technical man, but i was told to recover the "broken up" 407c and weigh in a virgin charge.

Hey presto, no more water leaks.

cheers

eggs

al
21-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Eggs

I believe you may have my solution, would explain the disappearing leak when fresh gas was weighed in, i owe you a pint for that :cool:

Al

freezy
23-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Sometimes the pre-installed pipe covers to the flare nuts slide out from the unit and water will drip down the inside of the casing. Had this on a cassette before.

Greg W
26-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Dont fit a drain trap to a wall mount. or cassette unit
and yes gas charge being short can cause water leaks, more so on low fan speed, With wall mounts and high speed with cassettes , Old Cassette units clog up bad and require an indoor unit coil check/clean more often, as the crappy R/A Lint filter is hardly up to the job.