PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi heat pump line routing

aerobat72L
29-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I am Old school, and am used to only running refrigerant piping with vertical drops and slopes from condenser to compressors and vice-versa. I am installing a Mitsubishi MX3 multi system with 3 evaporators. I am not sure if I can run the linesets as follows: 1. Up from main condenser/ compressor 3-zone supply through soffet into loft crawl space with bends to send lines across top of crawl space ceiling joists across house. 2. Lineset emerging from wall to outside of house, with bends downward about 18 inches of drop, and back through walls to evaporators.( horizontal to 12 inch vertical drop to horizontal to evaporatorinlet/outlet) In other words, can lines be allowed to drop vertically at evaporator sites without constituting an oil trap at evaporator unit? I thought this would be a better way to hide the lines than running line hiding gutters on outside walls. Thanks

nike123
29-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Yes they can. Amount of refrigerant in circulation and its speed allows that pipes could be run in any position without consideration on oil return.