PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control problem

botrous
19-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi mates . . . .
I was called today early in the morning to an hotel near my house to fix a 12000 Btu/h Gree unit . . . . it didn't take me more than 10 minutes to arrive to the site . . . the remote control isn't working . . . I asked for a similar remote from the an other room , and it worked well , so the problem isn't with the photoresistor . . . i called the Gree support here to ask for a remote controller , and they said that for this model (it's old) they don't have any remote in the stock . . . so as the customer is on hurry i bough a universal remote controller , and tried each of it's 3 channels for Gree 38 , 39 , 40 . . . all of the 3 channels can turn the AC on , and manage almost all of the settings but neither of them turns the AC off . . . .

(and for whom will ask if i checked the remote contreller batteries and if i tried to reset it , yes i did , and i tried it on another similar unit and it doesn't work)

Any suggestions ? (sure with not changing the board )

regards

timholmes204
12-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Hi Botrous,

Can you tell me the model number on the back of the remote control ?

botrous
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi Botrous,

Can you tell me the model number on the back of the remote control ?

That was a long time ago , I mannaged to get a second hand remote and replaced the universal one , it's working ok . . .

But tell me . . . is there anycross refernce for remote controllers ? is that why you need the model number ?