PDA

View Full Version : problem for Mitsubishi compact ceiling cassette

otto2008
26-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi I got a problem from my client, his heat pump is working for about 1 hour then stop, same thing happen several times each day, then he need to press the on button to start again. From the control PAR-JH240KA, I press the "check" button, the code P8 is come on, please anybody can help me for the above problem.
Regards
Otto

eire1
26-03-2011, 02:20 PM
P8 is an outdoor fault code. It could be anything from a thermistor to a faulty contactor. It's not specific, problem is at your outdoor.

stufus
26-03-2011, 05:54 PM
P8 is an outdoor fault code. It could be anything from a thermistor to a faulty contactor. It's not specific, problem is at your outdoor.
P8 tells you that you have a device active at the outdoor unit and the outdoor has registered the fault ,this does not necessarily mean the fault is with the outdoor unit !
For example dirty filters can trigger a P8.
Cheers
Stu

otto2008
26-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi all of the helper,
I will try to have a look the outdoor unit, because this is a chinese restaurant, the outdoor unit just above the roof and may be just beside the kitchen exhaust fan. So if it is happen, can i just cleaning the thermistor or I need to replace it, and please kindly advice how to check the thermistor is working properly.
Thanks
Regards
Otto

Brian_UK
26-03-2011, 11:51 PM
If it has them, check the LEDs of the outdoor unit, they will tell you more.

otto2008
27-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi Brian,
Thanks for your help, I will check the LED and let you know later.
Regards
Otto