PDA

View Full Version : District Cooling

list2011
24-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi...i have a bit of a problem. I have been asked to do some research into district cooling as part of a larger assignment to do with renewable energies and whole life cycle costs; and to be honest im utterly stumped.

I have a very basic understanding of the principles of how the system works. Water gets chilled and pumped round to various air con systems in different buildings.

But in order to complete the assignment i need to work out a rough cost for the system generally. The problem i have is i have no idea how or where to start. most companies ive spoken to simply fob me off by sayings its difficult to say without more details and thats the one thing i dont have. Can anyone help?

brunstar
24-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I think what you need to do is start off finding out what your cooling capacity requirement would be for this job? Is it a mix of business and domestic as you will have a diversity there. Find out the cooling requirement first to see what size machine would be suitable then you can work out the hydraulic side from there.

Tesla
25-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Simple - calc your costs for install, maintenance and service including upgrades for the life of a group of buildings individually then recalc for a central plant for the same including extra losses and costs for energy transport. If you need further help post some example specs.