PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux fridge/freezer temperature issue

Chopper86
23-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi All,

I have an Electrolux (Model ER78311) fridge/freezer that has lost temperature in the fridge section, currently as warm as the ambient room. The freezer seems to be holding a good temperature. I assume it could be that due to a heavy frost build up in the freezer, it could be blocking flow of air from the freezer to the fridge. Alternatively it might not be and just low on refrigerant charge R134a?

The thermostat has always been cranked up to level 6 (coldest) to try maintain temp in the fridge. A solid block of ice forms at the top (I suspect there it could be a secondary coil before the gas returns to the compressor rather than air flow from the freezer?). The ice has all melted without switching off the unit, and of course the warmer temperatures and no cooling.

What could be wrong? I thought most domestic fridges were charged for the life of the unit without having to "top up" at any stage as it is a seal system? myabe i am worng.

I look forward to your responses. Any more info required, please let me know.

Regards

Chopper

tonto33
23-03-2011, 11:01 PM
sounds like gas shortage

vickgr
24-03-2011, 07:59 AM
You don,t say how old the fridge is. It is a sealed system , but you may still developed a leak.Could also been a blockage and by turning the thermostat up won,t let the fridge comp switch off. Running the whole time and never get to defrost. Need to replace drier. Vacuum and then gas.