PDA

View Full Version : aircon in conservatory

tonto33
23-03-2011, 05:19 PM
hi guys
Got a customer of mine that would like to have air conditioning fitted in his conservatory
as i dont do aircon only domestic fridges i would to like to do this myself so need as much if info as poss, the size of the conservatory is 12ft x12ft has small wall round it, wants small unit to fit on wall and have fan unit outside on brackets so it just of the floor,what kind of set up will i need and do they need to be hard wired or just plug in
any info be great
many thanx

james10
23-03-2011, 05:49 PM
i believe you have to have a seperate c/b for this like you do for showers cookers etc, you also need to bear in mind the heat load in the room ie tv's, percentage of glass as wall space, number of occupants, which direction the room is facing ie north south, best of sizing your unit then getting a sparky to run the mains to the outdoor isolator then you can go from there, size wise irekon 3.5kw should do it but i'm no expert in this field i'm sure one of the other members will be able to tell you better

Kev The Tool
23-03-2011, 07:04 PM
from my experience 3.5kw is too small, you cannot go on room size alone you have to take account of solar gain. in a conservatory it is considerably more than a room with a window, best thing to do do is phone a supplier and tell them what you need they will size the unit correctly. i did one recently about the same size with a highish pitched roof. i installed a 7 kw wall mount.
Kev

install monkey
23-03-2011, 07:44 PM
my conservatory is 6m x 3m all glazed with dwarf walls.its north facing.i have a 2.5kw 1200mm long double radiator as background heating and a 3.5kw daikin wall mount on the wall of the house.the radiator doesnt do much but the 3.5kw easily copes even in the coldest of days. and as for cooling-no probs

buffalo1
09-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I also have a 6m by 3m conservatory and it is <a href="http://www.conservatories-planning.co.uk">south facing </a> we have underfloor electric heating and one radiator which is fine for us even in winter. Cheers