Drove a tractor :-)

WebRam
09-02-2001, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Steve

Drove a tractor :-)

In a previous job Steve ? ;)

Steve
10-02-2001, 12:06 AM
When I was a just a nipper, also rode a cow, pig, sheep and bull (the last poorly)

WebRam
10-02-2001, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Steve

When I was a just a nipper, also rode a cow, pig, sheep and bull (the last poorly)

Well that should put this thread to sleep :D

Steve
10-02-2001, 02:21 PM
Maybe not..

Anybody else rode anything weird

Also once rode a nitrogen bottle across a tiled floor..... very quick.....very unstable.......big burn mark on my side still visible to this day..!

subzero*psia
10-02-2001, 03:51 PM
I used to hop on one of our Holstein steers from time to time. His name was Freddie, he was always follow one of us around while we worked on fence or fixed water lines.

It had been a few months, I was working in the side pasture and going back up to the house. I decided to see if I could get Freddie to give me a ride. Well as soon as I jumped on he started bucking and kicking!

Two electric company utility trucks just happened to be passing by and decided they would stop to watch. They must have had a good belly laugh because while Freddie was bucking I came down on his backbone and smashed my balls pretty hard!! He finally stopped bucking and I rolled off the side to get down, I literally crawled out of the pasture. It still hurts to think about it. That was the last time I rode anything that didn't have some sort of an ignition system.

WebRam
21-02-2001, 12:10 AM
You say, one of your steers?

Do you have a farm as well as looking after a trade in the fridge game ??

subzero*psia
26-02-2001, 11:47 PM
I used to own a small farm. More of a hobby really, but I used to work for a friend that owned over 500 acres and he had a dairy farm. God awful smell in the main barn in the summer!!

Now I live in the city... I really miss the country. I am hoping to get a small tract with a house on it again. I would like about 5 to 20 acres, that would do. Maybe raise a few cattle, some pigs I guess... just for a hobby, it always gave me a good feeling and of accomplishment even on such a small scale. Work can be fun.