PDA

View Full Version : On the old ref version...

Sandro Baptista
23-03-2011, 02:15 PM
On the old REF version we could see who was looking the same posts we do.

Now it seems that it's not possible. Am I wrong?

Fri3Oil System
23-03-2011, 02:18 PM
nor we can see each other's home, nor rep power... but the site looks nice, doesn't it? :)

Sandro Baptista
23-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes it's look nice and have new features but others features have gone...but any way some reasons for features gone have any explanation special the rep power :D

paul_h
23-03-2011, 03:36 PM
All features were brought over from the old to the new, but are gradually being removed.
Official explanation is it's all about trying to get rid of spammers. Maybe they are gone for good, maybe they will be back. No one knows except webram.
Location is another thing. You notice when you first post a reply it's there. Next time you refresh the page it's gone, likewise can't see anyone elses.

WebRam
23-03-2011, 05:35 PM
As before, we are slowly ridding ourselves of spammers. At one point, the mods were almost working full time here deleting spam. As it stands now, we are getting maybe one or two a day so we are doing something correct.

I think I would rather have a few features missing than hordes of spammers on the site.

That being said, we will slowly stitch on some features and see how things progress.

Grizzly
23-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the update Webram.
Don't be to harsh on us Engineers generally we don't like change.
Whereas you Computer Gurus adore change, room for maneuver for both I think!
I like many, miss a lot of the old options.
Thanks guys for asking the questions you have.
But now having had the above explanation I can live with the reduced options for now.
Grizzly

Brian_UK
23-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Just noticed that the Location is back, well done Guvnor.

Grizzly
23-03-2011, 09:31 PM
:D thanks Guvnor! :D

Well spotted Brian.

Grizzly

Quality
23-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Where my pay rise ??

Brian_UK
23-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Where my pay rise ??
Sorry, what was that? Getting a bit deaf....

Fri3Oil System
24-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't think there was a complaint here, just joking. Changes may be hard at the begining, but improve for sure the site.
Great locations are back, now we know who's using R22 "legally", and who's enjoying beach and nice weather, hehehe... btw, it's f...ing raining in my lovely dessert land :(

Sandro Baptista
24-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Also I'd like the hour:minute of the last posts appear on the New Posts and not only the day.

Fri3Oil System
24-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Also I'd like the hour:minute of the last posts appear on the New Posts and not only the day.
That's working Sandro, at least I can see it

Sandro Baptista
24-03-2011, 02:14 PM
file:///C:/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.pngNot when you do New Posts...only on the starting posts appear that.

MikeHolm
31-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when I hit the back button it reloads the current page rather than go up a page. It may be Firefox but it is not happening to me on any other forum.

WebRam
31-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I am using Firefox and its works fine for me

Sandro Baptista
31-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Also with me works fine and I work with the FIREFOX.

monkey spanners
31-03-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when I hit the back button it reloads the current page rather than go up a page. It may be Firefox but it is not happening to me on any other forum.

Mine is doing the same, also with firefox, if i right click on the back arrow it shows the last few pages viewed, just tried it and its saying i have visited this page 8 times in a row!

Jon :confused: