PDA

View Full Version : UK sourced 110v 60hz

r.bartlett
22-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi guy's

We have had an inquiry for some specials. We need a price for 12 x 7kw splits to be fitted here in the UK but they must be 110v (or 208-230V) 60hz

Any leads will be gratefully received

Richard

VRVIII
22-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm sure Daikin manufacture units for the states it might be worth a call to Daikin UK to see if they can supply them.

r.bartlett
22-03-2011, 10:59 PM
I will ring them in the morning. I have also emailed D.U.S for their thoughts..

Magoo
23-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Try a step down transformer

Grizzly
23-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Try a step down transformer
That would lower the voltage but not the Frequency (Hz), would it not?
May I suggest Richard. You talk to some of the guys that supply Marine A/C.
As they run at 60Hz a lot of the time and yes clocks and timer motors etc don't run at the correct speed if not designed for 60Hz.
Grizzly

Argus
23-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Hmmmmm….

There are various technical solutions to this, but have you considered the legality of the sale?

Put simply, electrical products that are made for third countries outside the EU and do not conform to standard European electrical specifications (230 / 400 v, 50Hz etc) are unlikely to be CE marked.

In short it is illegal in the UK for you to knowingly sell for use in the UK (or EU for that matter) any electrical product that does not comply with UK law and is not CE marked.

You may ask your supplier to provide a suitable Declaration of Conformity at his cost (unlikel) or pay for the units’ conformity testing yourself. Alternatively you could just go ahead and hope that you don’t get caught, but the legal point is open and shut - no CE mark and a Declaration of Conformity by the manufacturer - no legal sale.
The DoC is a legal declaration provided by the manufacturer that his product is legal for sale in the EU. He (and by extension - you) must produce it on demand by your client or the Trading Standards Office.

You would be exempt if you proved that the products would be permanently exported outside the EU or were for non static use – i.e. a marine installation.

Sorry, but i don't make the rules.

r.bartlett
23-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Hmmmmm….

There are various technical solutions to this, but have you considered the legality of the sale?

Put simply, electrical products that are made for third countries outside the EU and do not conform to standard European electrical specifications (230 / 400 v, 50Hz etc) are unlikely to be CE marked.

In short it is illegal in the UK for you to knowingly sell for use in the UK (or EU for that matter) any electrical product that does not comply with UK law and is not CE marked.

You may ask your supplier to provide a suitable Declaration of Conformity at his cost (unlikel) or pay for the units’ conformity testing yourself. Alternatively you could just go ahead and hope that you don’t get caught, but the legal point is open and shut - no CE mark and a Declaration of Conformity by the manufacturer - no legal sale.
The DoC is a legal declaration provided by the manufacturer that his product is legal for sale in the EU. He (and by extension - you) must produce it on demand by your client or the Trading Standards Office.

You would be exempt if you proved that the products would be permanently exported outside the EU or were for non static use – i.e. a marine installation.

Sorry, but i don't make the rules.

We are covered by the legalities of this installation. I cannot say more than that. But thanks for the advice it's most welcome.

Richard

r.bartlett
23-03-2011, 05:32 PM
As they run at 60Hz a lot of the time and yes clocks and timer motors etc don't run at the correct speed if not designed for 60Hz.
Grizzly

Great idea I will dig out some marine fridge companies :-)

r.bartlett
23-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm sure Daikin manufacture units for the states it might be worth a call to Daikin UK to see if they can supply them.

Computer say's "no ..."

r.bartlett
23-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Grizzly

They all seem to be water cooled condensers :-(