PDA

View Full Version : carrier pcb

mike davies
20-03-2011, 03:08 AM
How r u all?
Can someone out there tell me if carrier still supply the main PCB for a carrier split system indoor unit Model is 42QMR022703, THIS IS A 6.1KW MACHINE, approx 10-15yrs old:rolleyes:

Pauly.
20-03-2011, 04:37 AM
ive just left carrier after 5 years service and we even had trouble getting parts for machines older than seven years your only chance would be totaline i guess.

Tesla
20-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Hi Mike
Just had a prob last week with a carrier split pcb - unlikely to get a replacement and diagnosed that a relay on the pcb is not switching power to the pump (it is another techs job so I have left it for him to see if part available and test the relay/fuse). If your pcb is unavailablle you could easily have it repaired as the one I saw last week will be at about 1/4 of the cost of a new one from Totalline.
What is the problem with the pcb?

mike davies
20-03-2011, 05:40 AM
the unit does not switch on at all, i hv no red led/light illuminating on the main board [when the power is on] there is no 240volt at the fuse although i hv a circuit on the fuse so it is not blown??

Tesla
20-03-2011, 07:38 AM
the unit does not switch on at all, i hv no red led/light illuminating on the main board [when the power is on] there is no 240volt at the fuse although i hv a circuit on the fuse so it is not blown??
Mike do you have 240V to the board like at the fuse? Is there 240V going to the board?
On the one I looked at last week there was a 1 ohm resistor used as a fuse for the pump circuit safety. You could trace where the tracks on the board go to to help fault find the suspect component. The 240V ac will eventually lead to a low voltage DC usually for sensors and digital control so try no to get too confused - there is normally a reasonable sized capacitor neat the change from 240Vac to 12Vdc.
Another thing to watch out for is sometimes the usa switches the Neutral and not the active so be careful.
Let me know how far you go with this and if I can help further.
Don't be scared to remove stickers from components (as I had to) do reveal what type of component is under it, but write down or take a photo with your phone before hand.

mike davies
20-03-2011, 08:16 AM
yes i hv 240v at the switchboard also at the indoor board aswell as at the outdoor unit, obviously there is no high or low voltage at my 123 cables, however there isnt any voltage at the 3amp glass fuse on the board of the indoor. The small red light does not light up either.There is a trans' at the back with a fan cap and a sub fan cap they tested ok, i hvnt tested the trans' yet. If i hv time i will go through with the other bits you mentioned about tracing. Im sure my actives and neutrals are fine, polarity is fine aswell.