PDA

View Full Version : Le Unite Silensys Condensing Unit

Abe
17-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I am specifying these units for an installation many miles away

I am wondering if any member has experience of these and what the experience is like.

Do they come factory fitted with sight glass, drier, etc also possible pre charged??

Abe
17-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Also

Are the floor mounted or can they be bolted against the wall

chemi-cool
17-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi Abe,

These condensing units, comes with a short tube from the suction valve and from the liquid receiver is your business/
You can mount it to the wall, but remember the weight.

Chemi:)

Peter_1
17-09-2005, 08:47 PM
We already installed several units: there is a filter-dryer and sight glass which can be seen through a hole in the casing (i think soldered), a power relay, a fuse, a safety power switch outside the unit, A HP/Lp safety cut out, proportional fan speedregulation, LP and HP service valve on the outside, predrileld brackets underneath teh unit and additional 2 brackets which can be bolted to those underneath the unit so that it can be attached to the wall, insulated inside around the compressor, ...
They're realy silent but expensive.

chemi-cool
17-09-2005, 08:52 PM
So how come, they dont come with all the extra's over here?

Chemi:)

Peter_1
17-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Just googled a little bit
Schematics (in Norsk or Danish or something similar..)
http://www.modkjol.no/wh/mk/MKDokume.nsf/43f94b7c487bea46c125690c0041418d/6f90a40d3c7515cbc1256df8004ed60b/$FILE/SilensysDel2.pdf

Aiyub, Chemi have a look at www.tecumseh-europe.fr and click left below on the Silensys units and you will get a nice movie how to install the unit and see what's inside the unit.

chillin out
17-09-2005, 09:29 PM
We have used those units many times. They seem to be of good quality, nice plasti coating covering strong metal casing. Even the service cover is quite heavy and solid. Good overall units.:) :)

frosty74
14-10-2005, 08:21 PM
we have installed many of these condensing units for multi deck dairys.
2.5mtr nimes and alva maxi found these unit good no major problems.
fairly basic condensing units easy to work with all round.
also we use j e halls also not to bad found few with leaky reciever at the fused plug watch out for this if you ever use these.
the silensys doesnt come pre charged flared suction and liquid.
j e halls braized suction and liquid also not pre charged.

Jus Walker
24-11-2005, 11:07 PM
These units are great, but check the size of the receiver before intallation. Especailly for pump down jobs. Some units have really small receivers. But they are great units on the whole.

tonto
28-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Cant believe how quiet these units are!!!! Have used some new units by emerson, come with copeland scroll installed, reciever, drier, sightglass, hp/lp, contactor, fan speed control pretty much everything to go, all you have to do is connect mains power and vac and charge, reciever size looks a bit small though.....

flip1
23-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm not a refridgination engineer, but i have just have one of these units(Silensys by Tecumseh) fitted below my window to chill the stock in the off-licence below my flat. It looks like they are a very quiet machine in the industry, but it's still disturbing 6ft from your bedroom window! Does anyone know if you can get any attenuation for them. It's also noisy when it turns on and off intermitently. Any help would be appriciated as i really am loosing sleep because of it!
Thanks
Phil

old gas bottle
23-08-2006, 04:39 PM
there a good unit with a low noise rating, siting it just beneath a window is looking for trouble even if there is no where else to put it, either ask the landlord to move it or call in the shop just before they close and buy a case of strong lager.

Electrocoolman
18-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Can confirm they are well built and silent running. I had a query on wiring diagram re crankcase heater...diagram was wrong ... unit was wired correctly. Flared valve connections. Units have N2 holding charge. Believe foot mounts convert to wall mounts.