PDA

View Full Version : Mini Fridge to cool Kegerator

eric10101
20-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Hello there, I'm new to this forum and looking for any helpful hints or suggestions on the feasibility of an idea I've come up with. My roommate has acquired a kegerator that doesn't cool...and due to our lack of knowledge about refrigeration am uncertain if we would be able to figure out, as well as repair what is wrong. The long and short of my question is whether there is any way of using a working mini fridge to cool the kegerator. Our idea involved cutting a hole in both the working mini fridge and the non-working kegerator, and then connecting them with a 3 inch diameter PVC pipe. We would cualk the openings and insulate the pipe in order to minimize cooling loss. We also thought about installing a PC type cooling fan to move air from the fridge to the kegerator. Is it possible for something like this to work in cooling the keg? The mini fridge would not be fully loaded as there is already a full size fridge available for canned beer, etc. I'd appreciate any ideas or thoughts anyone might have on this topic, thanks a lot!

Eric